Cooper? Kila?

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
special k
Major League Veteran

Cooper? Kila?

#1 Post by special k »

OK we're talking AL-only 10-team standard 5x5 mostly typical rules. I'm in second early on, should contend, unsurprisingly trailing the team with the best keeper list. (Bautista for $1!)
I also start the much-debated Kila K at first base. Toronto just brought up Cooper, nice numbers at the Las Vegas launching pad.
To FAAB or not to FAAB? That is the question. If I replace Kila with him, I would have to waive Kila per our rules. I do have Juan Rivera on my bench, but will probably need him later when Cain replaces Melky.
Thoughts?

Captain Hook

Re: Cooper? Kila?

#2 Post by Captain Hook »

Is there a positional consideration or not?
I would give Cooper a try over watching more KK....BUT what happens if that doesn't work?

special k
Major League Veteran

Re: Cooper? Kila?

#3 Post by special k »

If it doesn't work, I can move Gordon to first base and put Rivera in the OF from my bench. But I also have to worry about Thome's oblique and Melky losing his job to Cain, so if Cooper flames out or gets sent back down, there is risk. It might be safer to hope Kila snaps out of it, a la last September. But prospects, Betemit and Aviles loom. Why couldn't the SOB just start hitting!