Cardinal closer

General player discussion. It is encouraged but not necessary to note the name of player and the date of the news in the subject.
gmatles
Major League Regular

Cardinal closer

#1 Post by gmatles »

Having blown 3 of 4 save opportunities this year what are the chances that La Russa makes a move to replace Franklin as the team's closer? If he does, who is the most likely candidate to replace Franklin as the closer?

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Cardinal closer

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

I think Franklin still has rope.

Motte is the conventional choice but Boggs is the dark horse.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

Bodhizefa
Major League Veteran

#3 Post by Bodhizefa »

New candidate: Eduardo Sanchez. He had one helluva debut last yesterday.
I tried to think of the most harmless thing. Something I loved from my childhood. Something that could never ever possibly destroy us. Mr. Stay Puft! We used to roast Stay-Puft marshmallows, by the fire, at Camp Waconda.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Todd Zola »

LaRussa trusts his vets.

Miguel Batista has been working the 8th FWIW.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

SteveB
Major League All-Star

#5 Post by SteveB »

the STL closer was discussed earlier this year in a 2012 closer discussion.

Yes Bod I had my eye on Sanchez even then . I was happy to see him have such a nice start. I dont think he gets many saves this year
and will more than likely be up and down but he is one to watch.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2807&hilit=+sanchez

Bodhizefa
Major League Veteran

#6 Post by Bodhizefa »

SteveB wrote:the STL closer was discussed earlier this year in a 2012 closer discussion.

Yes Bod I had my eye on Sanchez even then . I was happy to see him have such a nice start. I dont think he gets many saves this year
and will more than likely be up and down but he is one to watch.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2807&hilit=+sanchez
Yep, you totally called him. I'm glad you mentioned him, because I would've never noticed him so quickly otherwise. You rock!
I tried to think of the most harmless thing. Something I loved from my childhood. Something that could never ever possibly destroy us. Mr. Stay Puft! We used to roast Stay-Puft marshmallows, by the fire, at Camp Waconda.