Feuntes/Bailey

General player discussion. It is encouraged but not necessary to note the name of player and the date of the news in the subject.
special k
Major League Veteran

Feuntes/Bailey

#1 Post by special k »

All signs point to Fuentes being a place-holder here, but is there a chance he could hold onto the Oakland closer job?
And does anybody have any insight into Bailey's health other than maybe in a couple weeks he could be back?

Black Sox
Major League All-Star
Preferred Style: 5x5 Mix

Re: Feuntes/Bailey

#2 Post by Black Sox »

IMO the only chance Fuentes has of holding onto the job is if Bailey suffers another injury. It's Bailey's job when he returns. Last I heard Bailey was long tossing so with no set backs a few weeks sounds about right. Since he's a RP he has less arm strength and # of pitches to build up too making his time in minors shorter than that of starter coming back from injury.

In my leagues Bailey was someone I found to be great value, since the injury wasn't to his shoulder I felt better banking on a return to health. He's a risk, but one I was more than willing to take.
Boston Black Sox
Steve Le Blanc

da_big_kid_94
Hall of Famer

#3 Post by da_big_kid_94 »

Remember this team has had 5 "closers" in 2+ years - so I don't know if anyone gets to get to call themselves the Oakland closer for a prolonged period of time. I'm sure Street, Devine, Ziegler and Bailey all thought they'd be long term solutions - but things happen.
These are my views based on my own opinions and observations - your mileage may vary.
"KNOW THY LEAGUE" - the Forum Funklord - 4/13/2009
Fantasy is managing stats ... roto is managing teams

Trav The Ump

#4 Post by Trav The Ump »

Fuentes got lit up tonight, albeit the errors didn't help but most of the runs were earned. I've got a $1 Grant Balfour I'd like to see slide into that role until Bailey is back. :D