Manny Ramirez

General player discussion. It is encouraged but not necessary to note the name of player and the date of the news in the subject.
AllstonRockCity

Manny Ramirez

#1 Post by AllstonRockCity »

Nothing like retiring to avoid a 100 game drug suspension to really solidify your legacy.

mmmm, eating crow has never tasted so good.

Yes, I have pimped Manny on these boards all spring, saying there was no way he'd go out like a punk. That couldn't have been any more wrong. I can't think of a 'punkier' way to go out. Unbelievable; well to me anyways.

Ryan, you were right I was wrong. Todd, that was money well spent by me at the auction, eh?

My condolences to any other Manny owners out there, I feel your pain.

where is that cool emoticon Todd used of a guy bashing his head against a wall? I could use that right now. That and some booze. :evil:
Last edited by AllstonRockCity on April 8th, 2011, 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Manny Ramirez

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

Mickey4081

#3 Post by Mickey4081 »

Funny, I laughed when the guy who selected him at one of my in person live drafts. He said "Manny is on a mission this year". :lol:

deansdaddy

#4 Post by deansdaddy »

Well - I won't rub it in - but yeah that's one I can put in the "right" column.

Sure I'll get just as many wrong.

Even I didn't predict what actually went down here - but I did not expect Manny to do much. In fact I invested in Jennings in a couple places this year (keeper leagues and/or deep leagues).

SteveB
Major League All-Star

#5 Post by SteveB »

I drafted him very late in only one league...didn't expect much from him but figured he would be above replacement.
I just cant believe that's the way he went out would have been better off retiring at the end of the year and never signing with TB.
At least he would have had a little self respect left to go along with that 200 million dollars he has banked in the last ten years.

Trav The Ump

#6 Post by Trav The Ump »

Semantic question - Was he ever officially suspended prior to his "retirement" or does it just hang there in case he ever wants to try again?

SteveB
Major League All-Star

#7 Post by SteveB »

I read a quote somewhere that basically said that MLB considered the matter closed since he retired and that if he applied for reinstatement that they would then revisit the failed test.