Britton vs McDonald

General player discussion. It is encouraged but not necessary to note the name of player and the date of the news in the subject.
Black Sox
Major League All-Star
Preferred Style: 5x5 Mix

Britton vs McDonald

#1 Post by Black Sox »

Mixed League Re Draft. Just wondering who people would prefer for this year only.
Boston Black Sox
Steve Le Blanc

deansdaddy

Re: Britton vs McDonald

#2 Post by deansdaddy »

Tough call here I think. Britton is the flashy new toy in Balt. He is an extreme groundballer and is easily the hottest player being bandied about right now.

Even so I think I would go with McDonald in a redraft league. I wouldn't be surprised if Britton goes a couple rounds higher than McDonald now and McDonald should provide you more K's than Britton.
Britton, even if he sticks in the rotation, still will have a heavy dose of AL East offenses and you have to expect the rookie to struggle once teams get a chance to see him a few times.

McDonald on the other hand seems poised to take a step forward this season, which is what landed him on many MB readers radar this spring. I say stick with McDonald and let someone else chase Britton. In fact I might grab McDonald and try to steal Matusz late as I bet he tumbles down the draft board.

Anyone else?

Black Sox
Major League All-Star
Preferred Style: 5x5 Mix

#3 Post by Black Sox »

Thanks Ryan. I figured I was only going to spot start either one which is why I was less concerned with Britton residing in the AL East. Figured BAL would afford him more wins, but I agree McDonald is prob the better prospect for this year. He was good down the stretch last year.
Boston Black Sox
Steve Le Blanc

deansdaddy

#4 Post by deansdaddy »

Britton is VERY tantalizing though - really it's a tough call I think. The fact that McDonald has that "Top Prospect" pedigree as well and seems to have gotten past his early struggles tips the scales for me. I'll admit - McDonald is one of those players that MB (and T Zola in particular) put on my radar. I'd be interested to hear his thoughts here.

deansdaddy

#5 Post by deansdaddy »

Here's a great report on Britton from Jason Grey

http://insider.espn.go.com/sports/fanta ... id=6289772

Britton will go for a ton of FAAB this week - that much is certain.