Josh Bell

Minor Leaguers, prospects, projects, and suspects.
RandyKutcherHair

Josh Bell

#1 Post by RandyKutcherHair »

What's everyone's thoughts on Josh Bell. He was rated fairly highly on most prospect lists last year and failed miserably when given 150+ ab's in Balt last year. The O's obviously didn't feel comfortable with him at 3b this year thus the trade for Reynolds. Is Bell still a legit power hitting 3b prospect or will he go down as another highly touted prospect who could not reach his potential?

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Josh Bell

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

As with all prospects, their development parallels their ability to maintain their plate discipline and contact as they progress, and bell has regressed as he has aged. He is still only 24 so there is time, but I would not count on or expect an improvement.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

da_big_kid_94
Hall of Famer

#3 Post by da_big_kid_94 »

See "Josh Bell" and think "Chris Davis" - a whole lotta potential but the sands of time are running out.
These are my views based on my own opinions and observations - your mileage may vary.
"KNOW THY LEAGUE" - the Forum Funklord - 4/13/2009
Fantasy is managing stats ... roto is managing teams

Captain Hook

#4 Post by Captain Hook »

I think if Bell works hard and has a good start to the season, he will get another chance - not sure if he will need a new team to make that happen.

I thought he was a very good prospect who was rushed too fast.....and then didn't take advantage of the opportunity - many don't the first time around.