Looking for a team name - the floor is open

General player discussion. It is encouraged but not necessary to note the name of player and the date of the news in the subject.
viper
Hall of Famer
Preferred Style: Currently in an AL-only league with the Bill James Technical RCA as the single hitting category and ERA as the single pitching category.

Looking for a team name - the floor is open

#1 Post by viper »

I have writer's block or in this case "Thinker's block". I'm trying to come up with a new team name for an AL-only team. The names for my other three teams are:

Left-handed catchers
Cross-Handed Hitters
Buffy the Umpire Slayer

On a side note and per Google, the Last left-handed throwing catcher to play the position was Benny Distefano who caught 3 games in 1989 for Pittsburgh. I'm sure we all knew that anyway.

The name being retired, sorry Todd, is "Bully Hitting, Manage Pitching". I used this name my first time in the league and my $260 was split 205/55. I came in 2nd. But times change.

Two guidelines.
1. It must be baseball related which rules out Tequila Mockingbird or The Fighting Amish
2. Plays on words are fully accepted and encouraged
3. Bonus points if my first grandchild's name of Jameson is included. I'm a proud granddaddy and he is adorable - but I digress.

If nothing else, this should give everyone a forum to show creativity and blurt out those neat team names they have encountered.
The avalanche has started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote. -- Ambassador Kosh

Mike Ladd
Buffy, the Umpire Slayer

AllstonRockCity

Re: Looking for a team name - the floor is open

#2 Post by AllstonRockCity »

Off to work, don't have as much time as I'd like on this. BUT:

'Pitchers of Jameson' word play, baseball, and your grandkid. bam.

'The Bill-Jamesons' 2 for 2!!!!

sme1975
Major Leaguer

#3 Post by sme1975 »

Jameson's On The Blocks

viper
Hall of Famer
Preferred Style: Currently in an AL-only league with the Bill James Technical RCA as the single hitting category and ERA as the single pitching category.

#4 Post by viper »

sme1975 wrote:Jameson's On The Blocks
I like that. It put thoughts into my mind mind and I'm now thinking "Jameson has a dribbler"
The avalanche has started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote. -- Ambassador Kosh

Mike Ladd
Buffy, the Umpire Slayer

deansdaddy

#5 Post by deansdaddy »

Hey Mike - when I read your post - the first thing that popped into my mind was P Jameson Taillon, the 2nd overall pick in last year's draft.

Granted - he plays for the Pirates - so might be better for an NL-only team but this is the best I came up with:

"Pin the Taillon Jameson"

special k
Major League Veteran

#6 Post by special k »

From where I come from, you could be Jamesons of Sam Horn.
Not good if you hate the Sox!

johnd2442

#7 Post by johnd2442 »

making a reminder to myself to come to the mastersball forum next time i need a fantastic team name.

i can't rival these guys with their awesome suggestions!

rsvp_nj
Triple-A
Preferred Style: 5x5 Roto

#8 Post by rsvp_nj »

Double Shot of Jameson

viper
Hall of Famer

#9 Post by viper »

I like that too

Mike Ladd
Buffy, the Umpire Slayer

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#10 Post by Todd Zola »

Jameson on the Balks
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord