Lidge out 3-6weeks

General player discussion. It is encouraged but not necessary to note the name of player and the date of the news in the subject.
RobDMay

Lidge out 3-6weeks

#1 Post by RobDMay »

Let the Jose Contreras bidding war in being in various FAAB leagues.

Bodhizefa
Major League Veteran

Re: Lidge out 3-6weeks

#2 Post by Bodhizefa »

Sounds like it may be even longer than that. From what I understand, he's being shut down for 3-6 weeks. It's going to take him another few weeks to even get up to speed to play after the "shut down". Contreras could be closing for months.

As an aside, this has been a fairly disastrous Spring for the Phillies. They've now lost production from Lidge, Utley, and Domonic Brown for at least a couple months (I'm being pessimistic on both Utley and Brown because both have fairly debilitating injuries as far as production goes). That's probably somewhere in the vicinity of three wins they're losing over that time span given replacement level players. And what happens if Rollins gets hurt again? The NL East isn't quite the one-team affair it was just a couple months ago.
I tried to think of the most harmless thing. Something I loved from my childhood. Something that could never ever possibly destroy us. Mr. Stay Puft! We used to roast Stay-Puft marshmallows, by the fire, at Camp Waconda.

deansdaddy

#3 Post by deansdaddy »

I of course invested in Madson in some early drafts. I have to decide to go after Contreras or just sit with Madson. If Lidge is out that long I think Madson still gets some Opps.

Bodhizefa
Major League Veteran

#4 Post by Bodhizefa »

deansdaddy wrote:I of course invested in Madson in some early drafts. I have to decide to go after Contreras or just sit with Madson. If Lidge is out that long I think Madson still gets some Opps.
I'm sure Madson will get a few opportunities, but you have to figure Contreras will get an awful lot of them himself as he's a pretty good reliever in his own right, plus he's already been named first in line.
I tried to think of the most harmless thing. Something I loved from my childhood. Something that could never ever possibly destroy us. Mr. Stay Puft! We used to roast Stay-Puft marshmallows, by the fire, at Camp Waconda.

RobDMay

#5 Post by RobDMay »

Plus even when Lidge is healthy who's to say he will be any good, maybe this will be the final nail in the coffin.