One keeper spot left- Ka aihue or Gordon

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
whammer
Major League Regular

One keeper spot left- Ka aihue or Gordon

#1 Post by whammer »

AL only -only have room for one-both 8 bucks- who would you keep?

Captain Hook

Re: One keeper spot left- Ka aihue or Gordon

#2 Post by Captain Hook »

Gordon is really locked in right now and while Kia is hitting well too, he does have Hosmer in the shadows.

Maybe it is personal gut feeling if the positions are equal for you.

I would keep Gordon all things being equal

Trav The Ump

#3 Post by Trav The Ump »

Perry, of the one game I saw in person in Surprise Gordon didn't play. Do we think this is the year he puts in a respectable fantasy line now that the pressure is more or less off and he doesn't need to be George Brett II? I'm not looking for MVP or heck even All Star numbers but I'm thinking I can maybe roster him for $5-$10 in my AL only league. Worth it?

Captain Hook

#4 Post by Captain Hook »

Trav The Ump wrote:Perry, of the one game I saw in person in Surprise Gordon didn't play. Do we think this is the year he puts in a respectable fantasy line now that the pressure is more or less off and he doesn't need to be George Brett II? I'm not looking for MVP or heck even All Star numbers but I'm thinking I can maybe roster him for $5-$10 in my AL only league. Worth it?

see next "Cactus League Notes" later today

Boner

#5 Post by Boner »

kilo kai. way cooler name

special k
Major League Veteran

#6 Post by special k »

I saw the rosy MB projection for Gordon, but as a two-time owner, including in 2010, I still say buyer beware. He's had plenty of chances and I don't see where the pressure has magically vanished - this has to be his last hurrah in KC. I would study those notes the Captain mentioned and read all the MB material carefully on each before flipping that coin.
I would go with the Hawaiian Hammer, but I admit that's past history, having been twice bitten.

deansdaddy

#7 Post by deansdaddy »

I like Kila - but I think I'd go for Gordon. Come to think of it, I did go for him in one of Perry's early 15 team drafts and took him in the 22nd round (pick #329!). He may have burned you in the past, but all that has done is push him down to a point of the draft where there isn't really any downside to taking the plunge anymore when you are drafting him in OF5/UT territory. If he finally puts it together, he's a steal.

I think the Kila-monster is more of a risk than Gordon this year.

special k
Major League Veteran

#8 Post by special k »

Understood, but in my auction, someone else is going to take that risk.
Well, maybe a buck ... And I hope I don't hate myself in June. Again:)

Mickey4081

#9 Post by Mickey4081 »

Give Gordon another shot...hopefully his spring stroke will carry over into the regular season.

special k
Major League Veteran

#10 Post by special k »

OK, you guys talked me into to it. The last two decent OF were Kubel and Gordon, and I dropped on out Kubel at $21 and in the next bid brought up and bought Gordon at $11 yesterday. I hope you're right!
And I did like the guy enough to buy him last year ... just don't want buyer's remorse 2 straight times.