Tiers of Starting Pitching

General player discussion. It is encouraged but not necessary to note the name of player and the date of the news in the subject.
CubFan
Hall of Famer
Preferred Style: AL only 5x5 H2H & rotisserie keeper auctions

Tiers of Starting Pitching

#1 Post by CubFan »

Does anyone know if Bod did his Tiers this year? I've done a search and haven't found anything.
12 team AL only 5x5 H2H keeper league. Using OBP, W+QS and S+1/2H

C - Garver $4
1B/3B - Torkelson $1, E. Durna $3 (??)
2B/SS - Royce Lewis $2, Story $13
OF - J Duran $11, Ward $7
UT -
SP - Hunter Brown $6, Ryan $22
RP - Fairbanks $6, Duran $16
Bench -

Bodhizefa
Major League Veteran

Re: Tiers of Starting Pitching

#2 Post by Bodhizefa »

Originally I wasn't going to do them, but I got inspired about a week ago (yay Spring Break!) and an owner of a different fantasy website convinced me to post them on his site. When they go up (which should be later this week), I'll shoot you guys a link if you'd like to take a look.
Last edited by Bodhizefa on March 7th, 2011, 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
I tried to think of the most harmless thing. Something I loved from my childhood. Something that could never ever possibly destroy us. Mr. Stay Puft! We used to roast Stay-Puft marshmallows, by the fire, at Camp Waconda.

Andy

#3 Post by Andy »

Bodhizefa wrote:Originally I wasn't going to do them, but I got inspired about a week ago and an owner of a different fantasy website convinced me to post them on his site. When they go up (which should be later this week), I'll shoot you guys a link if you'd like to take a look.
Which site? (PM me if you like)

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Todd Zola »

We're kinda laid back here, comes with the territory, we can even point people to Paul's work:

Paul Sporer's Starting Pitching Analysis while we wait for Bod's.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

Bodhizefa
Major League Veteran

#5 Post by Bodhizefa »

Todd Zola wrote:We're kinda laid back here, comes with the territory, we can even point people to Paul's work:

Paul Sporer's Starting Pitching Analysis while we wait for Bod's.
Paul's guide was excellent this year. If anyone is looking for a guy who knows his stuff through and through, Sporer is the guy to go to for pitching. Also of note is that Sporer's PDF format this year was a nice touch. It's very easy on the eyes.
I tried to think of the most harmless thing. Something I loved from my childhood. Something that could never ever possibly destroy us. Mr. Stay Puft! We used to roast Stay-Puft marshmallows, by the fire, at Camp Waconda.

deansdaddy

#6 Post by deansdaddy »

Hmmm - I figured Bod would be doing his again this year - always a good read. We will be adding SP's to our Consensus Ranking threads soon - so everyone will get a chance to weigh in. We will have something to compare. Look forward to the link Bod.

CubFan
Hall of Famer
Preferred Style: AL only 5x5 H2H & rotisserie keeper auctions

#7 Post by CubFan »

Bodhizefa wrote:Originally I wasn't going to do them, but I got inspired about a week ago (yay Spring Break!) and an owner of a different fantasy website convinced me to post them on his site. When they go up (which should be later this week), I'll shoot you guys a link if you'd like to take a look.
Awesome. Thanks.
12 team AL only 5x5 H2H keeper league. Using OBP, W+QS and S+1/2H

C - Garver $4
1B/3B - Torkelson $1, E. Durna $3 (??)
2B/SS - Royce Lewis $2, Story $13
OF - J Duran $11, Ward $7
UT -
SP - Hunter Brown $6, Ryan $22
RP - Fairbanks $6, Duran $16
Bench -

Bodhizefa
Major League Veteran

#8 Post by Bodhizefa »

Andy wrote:Which site? (PM me if you like)
http://www.draftbuddy.com/blog/2011/03/ ... -analysis/

There's my pre-cursor post to the Tiers. It's basically a breakdown of all the defenses in baseball and how they might affect their respective pitching staffs.

Bodhizefa
Major League Veteran

#9 Post by Bodhizefa »

The Tiers should be posted sometime later this afternoon on http://www.draftbuddy.com. Hope you guys enjoy.

bahamamike

#10 Post by bahamamike »

post them here too scott

Bodhizefa
Major League Veteran

#11 Post by Bodhizefa »

Mike, I did the article for the proprietors of DraftBuddy as an author for their site. I can't post the article over here, but we'll link to it and I can answer questions here as well as on the Draft Buddy site.

Bodhizefa
Major League Veteran

#12 Post by Bodhizefa »

I'm starting a new thread with all the links to each section of the Tiers. If the mods want to combine the posts and stick the one with the links at the top, have at it (or not -- whatever is totally fine). I'm just happy to have this thing ready this year after not believing I would have time to do it.