please rank these SP

General player discussion. It is encouraged but not necessary to note the name of player and the date of the news in the subject.
Tig

please rank these SP

#1 Post by Tig »

Harang
Happ
Wolf
DeLa Rosa
Cueto
Pineda

anyone will to take a gamble on any of these guys:

Johan Santana
Bedard
Chris Young
Brandon Webb

deansdaddy

Re: please rank these SP

#2 Post by deansdaddy »

Tig wrote:Harang
Happ
Wolf
DeLa Rosa
Cueto
Pineda
For me it's:

Cueto - I think this one's an easy ranking
then
De La Rosa
Wolf
Pineda
and
Happ

If Pineda somehow makes the team he would jump ahead of Wolf.

Tig wrote:anyone will to take a gamble on any of these guys:

Johan Santana
Bedard
Chris Young
Brandon Webb
Not really - but if forced to pick one it might be Webb. Not an accident that all the guys on this list are shoulder injuries. Much harder to come back from than elbow/TJS.

If I was going to gamble I think I'd throw an end-game pick at Justin Duchsherer instead (actually I did once already). He can't stay healthy either - but at least it's hip and elbow with him.

SteveB
Major League All-Star

#3 Post by SteveB »

Its so early a lot can still happen...I took Santana with my very last pick...(30th round in one draft)

AS i get closer i will watch the reports closely and if he is not progressing will drop for which ever "surprise" player is now getting playing time
due to ST injury, etc.

deansdaddy

#4 Post by deansdaddy »

I think that fits into my statement of Duch - I think it is perfectly fine to take a gamble on the guy you like best. Shoulders just aren't good things to bet on. The reason I like Webb the best out of that group is as a GB pitcher - he doesn't need to have plus velocity to be successful.

SteveB
Major League All-Star

#5 Post by SteveB »

yeah i took Webb in another draft. Webb concerns me a little more just cause its been so long since he has been back....and now he is coming back into Arlington Stadium. Pitching in the NL West with Petco, ATT was very favorable to him. I am wondering how kind his new digs will be.