NFBC satellite draft room

Theories, Concepts and Analytical Discussion (draft strategies, valuation, inflation, scarcity, etc.)
shif6
Major League Veteran
Preferred Style: 5x5 keeper, auction

NFBC satellite draft room

#1 Post by shif6 »

NFBC is not doing their draft through mockdrafts central. Accordingly, their draft list does not match mockdraft's average draft positions. I wonder how much of the drafting will be affected by the new order. I have done many mockdrafts now at mockdraftcentral; obviously those have not been wasted. But I think they are now less valuable than they were.
Has anyone done a satellite draft yet? Is the software as user friendly as mockdraftcentral? Regrettably, we are not yet permitted access to the draft room (though we are permitted to see the list).

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: NFBC satellite draft room

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

An NFBC ADP and that from something like MDC are quite different. I'd poke around the NFBC forums to get an idea how the first few rounds will flesh out.

If the implication is that the order will impact the picks, maybe I am giving the NFBC too much credit, but I don't believe the order will impact anything.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

AllstonRockCity

#3 Post by AllstonRockCity »

If its the same draft software as last year, the interface is fine. I think I liked it more than MDC, but I was admittedly more familiar with MDC. I remember having no issues. I remember their pre-ranking being much easier than MDC. Someone from the NFBC will moderate and you will have their phone number, so all in all, I was fine.

Of course that was last year.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Todd Zola »

It is my understanding the draft room is not the same as Fanball's from 2010.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord