2011 OUTFIELD CONSENSUS RANKINGS

General player discussion. It is encouraged but not necessary to note the name of player and the date of the news in the subject.
SteveB
Major League All-Star

2011 OUTFIELD CONSENSUS RANKINGS

#1 Post by SteveB »

Please rank your top-25 Outfield using standard 5x5 rotisserie scoring rules (HR, BA, RBI, SB, R)
Scoring will be done MVP style, your top catcher will get 12 points.
After we receive enough votes, we'll post the results in a separate thread along with comparisons to the actual Mastersball projections.

You can also include some honorable mention, sleeper choices as well.

Look forward to seeing everyone's lists and thoughts i will post mine later this week after a few others have responded.

deansdaddy

Re: 2011 OUTFIELD CONSENSUS RANKINGS

#2 Post by deansdaddy »

Lets bump this back up so we can get some quick lists from members - even if you don't want to add commentary.

To give you some names for reference here are the Top 25 OF in the order they were drafted in the ongoing MB Forum Mock Draft. The dotted line will indicate a new Round :

1 - Ryan Braun
2 - Carl Crawford
3 - Carlos Gonzalez
--------------------
4 - Matt Holliday
5 - Josh Hamilton
6 - Nelson Cruz
7 - Andrew McCuthchen
--------------------
8 - Matt Kemp
9 - Shin Soo Choo
10- Justin Upton
---------------------
11- Jayson Werth
12- Andre Ethier
---------------------
13- Alex Rios
14- Jason Heyward
15- Hunter Pence
16- Ichiro Suzuki
17- Mike Stanton
18- Drew Stubbs
19- Torii Hunter
--------------------
20- Jacoby Ellsbury
21- Chris Young
22- Curtis Granderson
---------------------
23- B.J. Upton
----------------------
24- Shane Victorino
25- Jay Bruce
HM
26- Colby Rasmus
27- Angel Pagan
28- Cory Hart
29- Carlos Quentin

Bodhizefa
Major League Veteran

#3 Post by Bodhizefa »

I'll bite.

1) Carl Crawford - Elite awesomeness.
2) Ryan Braun - Total badass.
3) Carlos Gonzalez - There's risk here given his skillset (low walk). Coors always helps those in need, though. Bid at your own risk threshold.
--------------------
4) Matt Holliday - One more year of Pujols means one more year of Holliday having an excellent line-up to hit in.
5) Shin-Soo Choo - Boy oh boy do I love this guy. He's the definition of excellence, and he's almost always a bargain.
--------------------
6) Josh Hamilton - Injury risks exist. Bigtime.
7) Matt Kemp - The upside is there for him to be Top 3 if he wants it. I doubt he wants it, though.
8) Jacoby Ellsbury - 60 stolen base upside still has my ears perked up to Spock-like levels. Even if he's hitting 9th, that line-up is so good that he's going to be a badass.
--------------------
9) Andre Ethier - Proven.
10) Hunter Pence - Steady.
11) Jayson Werth - Reliable.
12) Jay Bruce - I think this is probably the year he puts up 30 homeruns and has an all-around great season. I'm convinced enough to put him in the same tier as all the other proven, reliable and guys ;)
--------------------
13) Andrew McCutchen - I like him a lot, although there's only so much he can provide in Pittsburgh's line-up.
14) Jason Heyward - Stud. Total upside. I love him.
15) Alexis Rios - Jeez I love U.S. Cellular Park for my offensive needs.
16) Torii Hunter - All Hunter does is put up year-in and year-out. His speed is declining somewhat, though, so be a little wary.
17) Justin Upton - Injury risks and strikeout rates have me down on him. He's got as much upside as anyone on this list, though, so if he puts up Top 5 OF numbers, I wouldn't be a bit surprised. Just annoyed, since I dealt him away this off-season. Which means he's DEFINITELY going to be a badass. Bid accordingly.
--------------------
18) Curtis Granderson - He could feasibly be better than last year as his average rebounds a bit. I'm still a fan, especially in that home park.
19) Ichiro Suzuki - The M's offense is still really bad, and so I don't think there's much upside in Runs or RBI. Sheesh, it sucks to downgrade him because of his surrounding players, but you've got to, y'know?
20) Corey Hart - I'm wearing my sunglasses, Corey.
21) Drew Stubbs - I put him ahead of Chris Young because I think there's upside in batting average into the .260's for him.
22) Chris Young - He's burned me so many times!
--------------------
23) Brett Gardner - Can he repeat? I think mostly yes, he probably can.
24) Shane Victorino - I'm always a fan as he always comes at good prices.
25) Colby Rasmus - Plenty of upside here.

Runners-Up
Nelson Cruz - I really love the talent, but has he shown he can stay healthy at all? Nope. And that's why I'm not coming close to paying the going rate for him right now.
B.J. Upton - That batting average scares me
Angel Pagan - I'm a believer, so I'll probably end up owning him in most leagues.
I tried to think of the most harmless thing. Something I loved from my childhood. Something that could never ever possibly destroy us. Mr. Stay Puft! We used to roast Stay-Puft marshmallows, by the fire, at Camp Waconda.

Boner

#4 Post by Boner »

what are realistic numbers for heyward this year? ive seen him ranked all over the place.