First Pitch at Washington/Batimore

General player discussion. It is encouraged but not necessary to note the name of player and the date of the news in the subject.
viper
Hall of Famer
Preferred Style: Currently in an AL-only league with the Bill James Technical RCA as the single hitting category and ERA as the single pitching category.

First Pitch at Washington/Batimore

#1 Post by viper »

On Friday February 25th, I will be attending this event in Gaithersburg, MD. Todd is scheduled to be a presenter. Will any other Mastersball people be there?
The avalanche has started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote. -- Ambassador Kosh

Mike Ladd
Buffy, the Umpire Slayer

Captain Hook

Re: First Pitch at Washington/Batimore

#2 Post by Captain Hook »

Likely not Mike. None of us live in the Baltimore/DC area

Todd does a great job representing the site at the First Pitch forums

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#3 Post by Todd Zola »

There will be no other staffers, but hopefully a reader or two and definitely some NFBC buddies.

Let's just hope Mother nature cooperates. There was a stretch of drives down I-95 a few years back that made for a slow and slippery ride.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

viper
Hall of Famer
Preferred Style: Currently in an AL-only league with the Bill James Technical RCA as the single hitting category and ERA as the single pitching category.

#4 Post by viper »

I was more wondering about people like me and not the staff.
The avalanche has started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote. -- Ambassador Kosh

Mike Ladd
Buffy, the Umpire Slayer

rotonut

#5 Post by rotonut »

Wish I could go but can't. I'm waiting for them to do one in Philly. One of these years I'll make it to one.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#6 Post by Todd Zola »

rotonut wrote:Wish I could go but can't. I'm waiting for them to do one in Philly. One of these years I'll make it to one.
We, well, not we but it seems like it is we and I don't think Ron would be too pissed if I say we, but we tried it in Philly for 2 years with poor turnouts. The likely reason is due to timing, they were Thursday nights as we did Wash on Fri night, NYC on Sat and Boston on Sunday.

The reason the Wash/Balt site is more towards Balt is to try to draw the Philly crowd.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

rotonut

#7 Post by rotonut »

Todd Zola wrote:The reason the Wash/Balt site is more towards Balt is to try to draw the Philly crowd.
It's all about timing. When the forums were in Philly I was living in Atlanta. The DC/Balt site is still almost 3 hours from Philly and probably more like 4+ with Friday traffic. A Balt site or something by an Amtrak station would be more attractive to us Philly folk. Pass along to Mr. Ron if you please.

deansdaddy

#8 Post by deansdaddy »

I won't be making any this year - this year's NY forum is next weekend and unfortunately it is the second weekend of a school vacation.

Since I already have a couple of weekends in March and April dedicated to Fantasy - I can't throw away vacation time for the kids.

That said I ad a lot of fun last year.

IronMarshal

#9 Post by IronMarshal »

Rotonut, We must be neighbors (or something like that). I live in Bucks County too. :)

I would like to go to one of those in Philly too. They probably won't have one here as they can draw from here for NY and Balt/Wash.

rotonut

#10 Post by rotonut »

IronMarshal wrote:Rotonut, We must be neighbors (or something like that). I live in Bucks County too. :)

I would like to go to one of those in Philly too. They probably won't have one here as they can draw from here for NY and Balt/Wash.
Howdy, neighbor. I'd be interested in hooking up with a local league if you know of any openings.

IronMarshal

#11 Post by IronMarshal »

If anything pops up, I'll let you know.

johnd2442

#12 Post by johnd2442 »

so how is it going today? i'm assuming todd is in washington dc/baltimore on the first day?

viper
Hall of Famer

#13 Post by viper »

in spite of not being 100%, Todd was at the First Pitch Forum.

Mike Ladd
Buffy, the Umpire Slayer