To Tier or not to Tier?

Theories, Concepts and Analytical Discussion (draft strategies, valuation, inflation, scarcity, etc.)
Black Sox
Major League All-Star
Preferred Style: 5x5 Mix

To Tier or not to Tier?

#1 Post by Black Sox »

Todd,

I thought I remembered reading in one of your articles that you stated you were going away from a tiered method of drafting? If I'm remembering correctly why is that, and what method are you using in it's place?

I'd also love to here from anyone else on what method they use. Always like to see and hear other ways of doing things.
Boston Black Sox
Steve Le Blanc

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: To Tier or not to Tier?

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

Maybe what I wrote was confusing, but I am a complete tier drafter.

Maybe you read I am getting away from target drafting? This is going to be a mini-crusade of mine this season.

My piece for today deals with a means of tier drafting for pitchers.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

Captain Hook

#3 Post by Captain Hook »

To Tier or not to Tier?

If you don't Tier, you will Tear

outlawseal1

#4 Post by outlawseal1 »

Todd,

Do you or anyone post their tiers on your platnium side at any point during the preseason?

Thanks Bud

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#5 Post by Todd Zola »

Yes, we will be posting tiers starting with the March projection updates.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord