Damon and Ramirez to the Rays

General player discussion. It is encouraged but not necessary to note the name of player and the date of the news in the subject.
aburt19
Major League Elite
Preferred Style: AL only 5X5 keeper auction

Damon and Ramirez to the Rays

#1 Post by aburt19 »

I'm surprised that they sign both. The reports indicate that the Rays will use Damon in left and Manny at DH. With
Damon's defensive deficiencies, I think that they will find that to be unsatisfactory. Jennings and Joyce are the obvious
losers here until the Rays decide that Damon can't hack it in left or if Ramirez really is done.

Vlad is at the point that he doesn't have many options left, if any. I guess that the Angels could sign him if they want
an outfield of Wells, Hunter and Abreu.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Damon and Ramirez to the Rays

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

guessing Zobrist goes to first and Jennings gets more seasoning until either Manny of Damon get hurt.

Though, if I were the opposition, I might allow the Rays to use a softball like outfield with a short fielder, just to see Manny cut off all Damon's throws.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

captgus
Major League Veteran

#3 Post by captgus »

Good lord, Damon in left field has to be a scary thought for the Rays pitching staff. I need to go check on Brignac and Longoria's range numbers because I'm sensing a lot of ground balls getting through that hole and subsequent runners on second scoring with relative ease as long as Damon is out there.
"How can we go on a beer run when we don't have any beer left?"

The General, Spring 1991

viper
Hall of Famer
Preferred Style: Currently in an AL-only league with the Bill James Technical RCA as the single hitting category and ERA as the single pitching category.

#4 Post by viper »

which is the biggest defensive difference

1) For the worse with Crawford out and Damon in
or
2) for the better with LaRoche in and Dunn out
The avalanche has started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote. -- Ambassador Kosh

Mike Ladd
Buffy, the Umpire Slayer

Captain Hook

#5 Post by Captain Hook »

viper wrote:which is the biggest defensive difference

1) For the worse with Crawford out and Damon in
or
2) for the better with LaRoche in and Dunn out
Alex for defensive alignments for $200
I will gladly take LaRoche over Dunn

bahamamike

#6 Post by bahamamike »

I for one think this is a great signing by the rays, especially Manny. He is the type of player who who will want to prove everyone wrong. He has shown up in Tampa, in way better shape than last year. I could see him putting up better numbers than Vlad last year.