Would you tie up $60 on MI's before auction?

General player discussion. It is encouraged but not necessary to note the name of player and the date of the news in the subject.
whammer
Major League Regular

Would you tie up $60 on MI's before auction?

#1 Post by whammer »

Just wondering your thoughts - AL only -4x4 - I have both Pedroia and Kinsler at $30 each. League has about 25% inflation, both will probably go for over $30. I am tempted to keep them both, but will come to auction with significantly less cash. Though by keeping them I will create a bit of position scaricity at draft..

Thoughts appreciated

Captain Hook

Re: Would you tie up $60 on MI's before auction?

#2 Post by Captain Hook »

You don't give us any information on league size or your other keepers.......so

In general I don't see anything wrong with freezing players at the same position/group

BUT as I have said before - the next season that Kinsler plays most all of the games will be the first. I doubt you have profit in him at $30 so in all likelihood I would not (but certain freeze lists might change that opinion for your team)

The other practical aspect is that by tying up your MI slot you don't give yourself any chance to get a cheap player who might both return a profit this year and be a cheap keeper next year (like last years $1 Reid Brignacs)