KC Middle Infield PT

General player discussion. It is encouraged but not necessary to note the name of player and the date of the news in the subject.
deansdaddy

KC Middle Infield PT

#1 Post by deansdaddy »

Took my first look at the latest projections and after running a couple filters the first player that jumped out to me (certain there will be others to come) was Chris Getz and his very bullish SB projection (53 SB's). A closer look seems to show a PT jam with A Escobar, M Aviles and Getz likely sharing the SS/2B roles. Seems like both Getz and Aviles AB's are inflated to me since the arrival of Escobar should cost both playing time. I realize that Aviles can also find some time at 3B until Moustakas arrives (but even then W Betemit will steal AB's there.

Does MB really see Getz playing this much and running this much/well?

AllstonRockCity

Re: KC Middle Infield PT

#2 Post by AllstonRockCity »

Hey Ryan.

Nice to see you back. Gonna do a sophomore invitational this year?? ;)

I think if KC has taught us anything the past few years, its that they have no idea how to fill an infield and no matter what they break camp with, it will change, then change again, then they will trade the 1 guy who is doing well, and it will change again. I understand that this answer does not help you at all, but I just wanted to point that out. I'm pretty sure the KC lineup and its P.T. has been a pretty active topic these past 2 preseasons and this preseason does not figure to be any different. I'm staying away unless its end game time.

Angel Barroa, Alberto Callaspo, Mike Aviles; is it possible these are all actually the same person??

deansdaddy

#3 Post by deansdaddy »

Hey Nate,

Yep - good to be back and talking baseball. We will be playing something, somewhere. I'll keep you posted.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Todd Zola »

There will be some major changes made with KC for the update I plan on posting tonight or tomorrow, which will include the rash of recent signings. Here is the rundown of KC PLATE APPEARANCES (not at bats). I will also review the SB opportunity percentage for Getz as 53 seems high even if he got that playing time.

Gordon, Alex 613
Butler, Billy 678
Pena, Brayan 319
Getz, Chris 250
Blanco, Gregor 75
Kendall, Jason 195
Francoeur, Jeff 592
Arias, Joaquin 61
Ka'aihue, Kila 567
May, Lucas 126
Cabrera, Melky 178
Aviles, Mike 625
Moustakas, Mike 409
Maier, Mitch 102
Betemit, Wilson 308
Escobar, Alcides 482
Cain, Lorenzo 563
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

CubFan
Hall of Famer
Preferred Style: AL only 5x5 H2H & rotisserie keeper auctions

#5 Post by CubFan »

The latest out of KC is that they plan on moving Aviles to 3b to start the season. Frankly I don't see him even being a placeholder until Moustakas arrives. Betemit showed he has more pop but unfortunately he is average at best at the corner. Getz is intriguing for his SBs but he has no power and a middling AVG. End game play.
12 team AL only 5x5 H2H keeper league. Using OBP, W+QS and S+1/2H

C - Garver $4
1B/3B - Torkelson $1, E. Durna $3 (??)
2B/SS - Royce Lewis $2, Story $13
OF - J Duran $11, Ward $7
UT -
SP - Hunter Brown $6, Ryan $22
RP - Fairbanks $6, Duran $16
Bench -