Lawr's Top 10 Prospect List

Minor Leaguers, prospects, projects, and suspects.
aburt19
Major League Elite
Preferred Style: AL only 5X5 keeper auction

Lawr's Top 10 Prospect List

#1 Post by aburt19 »

Living in Kansas City, I almost fell out of my chair when I saw there were four, count 'em, four Royals on the Top 10
list!!! On top of that, Montgomery wasn't even one of the four!

I'll dream tonight about the 2014 World Series. :)

Captain Hook

Re: Lawr's Top 10 Prospect List

#2 Post by Captain Hook »

Trust me there are a lot more good young players in the Royals system (now viewed by many as the best in ALL of baseball!)

50 Desert Eagles

#3 Post by 50 Desert Eagles »

Are they really property of KC or is KC just a holding team until NY buys them after they have a good season :P :P :P

aburt19
Major League Elite

#4 Post by aburt19 »

50 Desert Eagles wrote:Are they really property of KC or is KC just a holding team until NY buys them after they have a good season :P :P :P
That doesn't happen until they become arbitration eligible or free agents. :lol:

AllstonRockCity

#5 Post by AllstonRockCity »

aburt19 wrote:
50 Desert Eagles wrote:Are they really property of KC or is KC just a holding team until NY buys them after they have a good season :P :P :P
That doesn't happen until they become arbitration eligible or free agents. :lol:
If memory serves, it's Billy Bean over in Oakland who uses KC as his second farm system (Dye and Damon)

aburt19
Major League Elite

#6 Post by aburt19 »

AllstonRockCity wrote:
aburt19 wrote:
If memory serves, it's Billy Bean over in Oakland who uses KC as his second farm system (Dye and Damon)
I don't' remember about Dye. But Damon was traded because he was in the last year before free agency. Scott Boras was
his agent, if I remember correctly, and Damon was not bashful about saying that he wanted the best contract that he
could get with a contender, which certainly was his perogative. Under that scenario, the Royals had absolutely no chance
of signing him and did trade him to get what they could for him.

I don't blame Damon for his desire to go to a contender for the most money and I don't blame the Royals for trading
since he was a goner anyway.

AllstonRockCity

#7 Post by AllstonRockCity »

Well, that is certainly the right move on management's part. I would expect any of the teams I like to do the same in that situation. The part that would vex me, were I a KC fan, is that they have been doing it for over a decade and they have nothing to show for it. It's one thing to trade for prospects (any team can do that) it's another to develop them into the pieces of a playoff contender. Hopefully, KC will get it right this time.