NFBC Final Week Pickups

Theories, Concepts and Analytical Discussion (draft strategies, valuation, inflation, scarcity, etc.)
Kelly_Leak
Major League All-Star
Preferred Style: 5x5 AL-only Auction

NFBC Final Week Pickups

#1 Post by Kelly_Leak »

Assuming you basically have your rotation set for the final week, it seems to make sense to dump all your pitchers in favor of hitters - making sure you can cover every position. Therefore, if a bat gets hurt before Friday, you can swap players around for the weekend. Am I missing something with this strategy?

I have already basically settled on who my final 9 pitchers will be based on matchups. Since things do happen between 8pm on Sunday and the first game on Monday, I may keep one bench arm just in case there is a last minute rotation shuffle or scratch - I am undecided if this pitcher will be a reliever or starter. Otherwise, I will be looking to add the Jeff Keppingers and such.

RBIs, Runs, Home Runs, Strikeouts, and Saves are so close they all seem to shift on a nightly basis!!!
10 Team 5x5 (OBP) AL-Only; 100 FAAB; *6 Keepers
1C: J.Lucroy; 1B: H.Ramirez; 2B: A.Cabrera; 3B: A.Bregman*; SS: R.Martin; MI: M.Semien; CI: C.Davis; OF: C.Stewart, T.Pham*, C.Mullins, J.Bradley, E.Jimenez*; DH: N.Cruz
10P: K.Herrera, C.Rodon, B.Snell*, J.Junis, H.Strickland, J.Verlander, M.Givens, C.Roe, T.Cahill, L.Giolito
Bench: N.Lowe, V.GuerreroJr*, J.Choi, F.Whitley, A.Hays
DL: F.Lindor*, B.Zimmer, D.Duffy

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: NFBC Final Week Pickups

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

Makes perfect sense, even if it means stashing a bunch of speed guys or whatever to pick up that last point in steals, or whatever, depending on your categories.

Also, keep in mind you will be allowed to re-set your lineup for any Monday playoff tiebreaking games, but there will NOT be an additional FAAB session, so you may want to look at the close divisional races and plan accordingly.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

Kelly_Leak
Major League All-Star
Preferred Style: 5x5 AL-only Auction

Re: NFBC Final Week Pickups

#3 Post by Kelly_Leak »

Also, keep in mind you will be allowed to re-set your lineup for any Monday playoff tiebreaking games, but there will NOT be an additional FAAB session, so you may want to look at the close divisional races and plan accordingly.
I didn't realize this - I assumed your lineup from the final week carried over to Monday. The NL West and NL WC all have potential for tiebreakers. Atlanta, San Francisco, Colorado, and San Diego players will get a little more consideration on Sunday night.

Thanks!
10 Team 5x5 (OBP) AL-Only; 100 FAAB; *6 Keepers
1C: J.Lucroy; 1B: H.Ramirez; 2B: A.Cabrera; 3B: A.Bregman*; SS: R.Martin; MI: M.Semien; CI: C.Davis; OF: C.Stewart, T.Pham*, C.Mullins, J.Bradley, E.Jimenez*; DH: N.Cruz
10P: K.Herrera, C.Rodon, B.Snell*, J.Junis, H.Strickland, J.Verlander, M.Givens, C.Roe, T.Cahill, L.Giolito
Bench: N.Lowe, V.GuerreroJr*, J.Choi, F.Whitley, A.Hays
DL: F.Lindor*, B.Zimmer, D.Duffy