SHOULD I ACCEPT THIS TRADE?

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
daweasle
Major League Veteran

SHOULD I ACCEPT THIS TRADE?

#1 Post by daweasle »

i am in the hunt to win this year.

I have a very low priced chris young to keep for next year, but I have recently received a pretty nice trade offer and cannot decide if i want to accept.

I give kouzmanoff, chris young(OF ARIZ) and vin mazarro
I get carlos lee, aramis ramirez and danny haren

haren is a nice upgrade to my pitching and I think the batters kinda offset one another.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: SHOULD I ACCEPT THIS TRADE?

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

Lots in play here.....

If the batters simply offset each other, that implies you need the pitching help to win and your hitting is okay. Is this the case?

Part of the problem here is you are paying extra for the "name brand" of Ramirez and Lee. Year to date, you are trading away more value from your hitters, even taking into consideration Ramirez has missed a chunk of games.

And Ramirez is still an injury risk and might be shut down if he gets hurt again.

Lee is dabbling at 1B which may impact his hitting but likely not.

So there is risk involved with the batters you are getting back. The upside is there, especially Ramirez. But there is downside as well.

You are basically dealing the keeper rights to Young for the upgrade from Mazzaro to Haren, assuming you can take the hit in steals.

If you NEED that pitching upgrade and can't get it any other way, then pull the trigger.

It's just not one of those keeper deals you have a real strong sense will "definitely" work out. It might, and probably will. But it involves more risk than typical dump deals.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord