Victorino is - who is out

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
viper
Hall of Famer
Preferred Style: Currently in an AL-only league with the Bill James Technical RCA as the single hitting category and ERA as the single pitching category.

Victorino is - who is out

#1 Post by viper »

Standard 5x5 NL only.

Current usual suspects are
Fukudome - losing PT but started 4 of last 5
ScHairston - starting but 6/35 last 21 days
S.Smith - 8/41 last 21 days, seems to be in slump
Hinske - 8/42 but PT should be better with Chipper out
Morse - 12/48 last 21 but looks to be getting more PT in right - has power

8, 9, or 10 in all hitting and want to keep it that way. All categories are close except RBIs where I have 20s gap in both directions.

My gut says release Fukudome or Smith. I don't have any feel on Hairston and the what the addition of Ludwick will do to his PT.

Help - thoughts
The avalanche has started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote. -- Ambassador Kosh

Mike Ladd
Buffy, the Umpire Slayer

Captain Hook

Re: Victorino is - who is out

#2 Post by Captain Hook »

viper wrote:Standard 5x5 NL only.

Current usual suspects are
Fukudome - losing PT but started 4 of last 5
ScHairston - starting but 6/35 last 21 days
S.Smith - 8/41 last 21 days, seems to be in slump
Hinske - 8/42 but PT should be better with Chipper out
Morse - 12/48 last 21 but looks to be getting more PT in right - has power

8, 9, or 10 in all hitting and want to keep it that way. All categories are close except RBIs where I have 20s gap in both directions.

My gut says release Fukudome or Smith. I don't have any feel on Hairston and the what the addition of Ludwick will do to his PT.

Help - thoughts
I think Hairston (you always have to guess when to start him and no one is that clairvoyant) and Smith can easily be cut.