AL ml pitchers

Minor Leaguers, prospects, projects, and suspects.
Tampa Bob
Major League Veteran
Preferred Style: Rotisserie Auction

AL ml pitchers

#1 Post by Tampa Bob »

Has anyone seen Michael Ynoa pitch? Ever?

I am working on a trade in which I get either Desmond Jennings, Dustin Ackley or Chris Carter and probably Joba Chamberlain ($1) for Rafael Soriano (FA) and either Mike Ynoa, Casey Crosby or Jesus Montero.

My preference is to give Ynoa and get Jennings in that deal. A year ago the buzz on Ynoa was off the shelf but he's young and has already seen one twinge.

Has anyone ever seen him and was the result OMG! ?? or not?

Thanks, TB
10 team AL only. 4x4 with strikeouts. No drops without IL or Minors. Can keep 5 up to 3 years if $10 or under.
C: D. Jansen - $3, Y. Diaz - N/A 1B: V. Guerrero - $1 2B: J. Polanco - $4 SS: B. Witt - $1 3B: A. Bregman - $22
CR: E. Duran - $1, UT: J. Westberg - N/A
OF: K. Tucker - $1, J. Rodriguez - $1, E. Oliveras - $1, J. Kelenic - $3, M. Vierling - N/A.
SP: K. Maeta - N/A, T. Skubal - N/A, G. Cole - $46, Z. Eflin - $3, C. Sale - N/A, J. Montgomery - N/A

RP: K. Jansen - $23, C. Holmes - $27.
Minors: G. Rodriguez, A. Volpe, K. Manzardo, B. Lee, C. DeLauter

Rob Leibowitz
Major League Regular

Re: AL ml pitchers

#2 Post by Rob Leibowitz »

I haven't ever seen him pitch. He only just made his pro-debut and has 2 starts under his belt in the AZL. One start he struck out 4 in 3 innings while walking 3 and allowing 3 ER. I'm not going to come to any conclusions at all given that sample size.

But what we can say is - It may be years before he hits the Majors. There is no reason to expect him to move beyond the AZL this year. He may only move up to another short season club next year and may not get a full-year (A-ball) until 2012, maybe A+ 2013, AA 2014, AAA 2015 if on the one-level/year plan. So its conceivable he doesn't start to make an impact until 2016 and isn't in his prime until my daugher is graduating from elementary school (she's 18 months old). If he pitches lights out and does multiple levels per season, then maybe he could be up by 2014.

So what does this all mean - it means deal him. Desmond Jennings may not end up starting at all this season, but he will by net season when Crawford walks and you will have potentially have gotten years of 30+ SB skills out of him while you wait forYnoa who could be an ace or a never-was. And over that period, he could end up back on your team if you end up making a dump deal down the road.

If you have another team interested, use that leverage.
Rob Leibowitz
Mastersball.com
Rob's Column/Blog: The Diamond Exchange