arrangement of the hitting profiles

General player discussion. It is encouraged but not necessary to note the name of player and the date of the news in the subject.
shif6
Major League Veteran
Preferred Style: 5x5 keeper, auction

arrangement of the hitting profiles

#1 Post by shif6 »

The hitting profiles are sorted by first name instead of last name I assume that is a mistake. I can't figure out to rearrange it. I love the format of the tiers. Very cool!

Re: arrangement of the hitting profiles

#2 Post by Guest »

We'll change it and re-attach.

But for now, highlight row 7 and then everything under it to the end of the profiles.

Data>sort

Make sure header row selected, sort by name.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

shif6
Major League Veteran

#3 Post by shif6 »

Thanks, it worked. I should have figured it out. Enjoy the Super Bowl.

Hambowen

#4 Post by Hambowen »

shif6 wrote: I love the format of the tiers. Very cool!

I concur this will be a great snapshot of what is left in an auction and where you and others could potentially spend your money based on needs.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#5 Post by Todd Zola »

Hambowen wrote:
shif6 wrote: I love the format of the tiers. Very cool!

I concur this will be a great snapshot of what is left in an auction and where you and others could potentially spend your money based on needs.
I'm going to be completely honest myself, I really like the format as well. I changed it up from how I used to do it -- I really thinks it helps you focus on the player and his contributions in terms of stats instead of just "value". Yes, value is important, but there is more to it than that. There is no tangible difference between a $16 player and an $18 player. Add 3 points of BA and 1 HR to the $16 player, take away 3 points of BA and a steal from the $18 player and they could very well flip-flop.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

brooklyn49
Major League Veteran

#6 Post by brooklyn49 »

At any given point, you can consider the top-5 remaining players in that
position to be of similar value and make your decision based on team
needs in terms of statistics and balance.
For clarification, when you say the top-5 remaining players in that position, are you reading down the playing position (i.e. 1st basemen) or reading across values ($30-$26)? My guess is you are denoting playing positions.
13 Team, Mixed, Rotisserie League with Daily Transactions
525 IP Limit; 60 Games per position
Hitting: Runs, HR, RBI, SB, BA, Hits, BB, Total Bases, OPS
Pitching: W, SV, ERA, WHIP, K's, HR Allowed, Holds, K/BB, QS

Hitting:
C: O. Narváez 1B: P. Goldschmidt 2B: C. Biggio 3B: M. Muncy SS: M. Semien MI: C. Hernández CI: C. Santana OF: M. Conforto, B. Harper, A. McCutchen, T. Edman Utility: N. Cruz
Pitching:
SP: M. Minor, K. Maeda, C. Martínez, N. Pearson, J. Montgomery, C. Bassitt
CL: H. Neris, N. Burdi, A. Bass
SU: P. Báez, Y. Petit, B. Treinen

Bench: E. Thames, N. Solak, T. Grisham, J. Berti
DL: J. Verlander, S. Oberg

shif6
Major League Veteran

#7 Post by shif6 »

Is it possible to add a stat line on the tiers or is it just too much work? On the other hand, it looks as if there is not much space. Perhaps just for sb's or hr's?
Last edited by shif6 on February 1st, 2009, 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#8 Post by Todd Zola »

brooklyn49 wrote:
At any given point, you can consider the top-5 remaining players in that
position to be of similar value and make your decision based on team
needs in terms of statistics and balance.
For clarification, when you say the top-5 remaining players in that position, are you reading down the playing position (i.e. 1st basemen) or reading across values ($30-$26)? My guess is you are denoting playing positions.
By position -- but by extension, it also means a $14 2B and a $16 1B are basically the same -- as will be explained in a couple of essays on the way.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#9 Post by Todd Zola »

shif6 wrote:Is it possible to add a stat line on the tiers or is it just too much work? On the other hand, it looks as if there is not much space. Perhaps just for sb's or hr's?
It's not so much the time, I think it should take me less than 15 minutes to write some Excel code to do it automatically. It is the convenience for printing.

If that is not a problem, PM me with the specific league size and I will beta test my "15 minutes" theory.

shif6
Major League Veteran

#10 Post by shif6 »

Todd, I am in leagues of various descriptions including a standard 5x5 AL. If it works for that it should work for anything I would think.