Kendry Morales

General player discussion. It is encouraged but not necessary to note the name of player and the date of the news in the subject.
viper
Hall of Famer
Preferred Style: Currently in an AL-only league with the Bill James Technical RCA as the single hitting category and ERA as the single pitching category.

Kendry Morales

#1 Post by viper »

So he gets injured during the celebration at home plate after a walkoff grand slam. And he has to be carted off the field. The mind boggles.
The avalanche has started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote. -- Ambassador Kosh

Mike Ladd
Buffy, the Umpire Slayer

da_big_kid_94
Hall of Famer

Re: Kendry Morales

#2 Post by da_big_kid_94 »

Obviously, "The Wisdom of Gus Ferrotte" was never on ole Kendry's summer reading list. And if this turns out badly? Scioscia will have a conniption.
These are my views based on my own opinions and observations - your mileage may vary.
"KNOW THY LEAGUE" - the Forum Funklord - 4/13/2009
Fantasy is managing stats ... roto is managing teams

viper
Hall of Famer
Preferred Style: Currently in an AL-only league with the Bill James Technical RCA as the single hitting category and ERA as the single pitching category.

#3 Post by viper »

I remember watching that Redskins game where Gus head-butted the wall sans helmet as i recall.
The avalanche has started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote. -- Ambassador Kosh

Mike Ladd
Buffy, the Umpire Slayer

da_big_kid_94
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by da_big_kid_94 »

MLB Network reports he broke his foot. Even worse, SI is reporting it's his ankle.
These are my views based on my own opinions and observations - your mileage may vary.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#5 Post by Todd Zola »

I can't be the only one that says "some day, someone is going to get hurt jumping on the plate like that."

Hate to be cold-hearted, but this is a fantasy board...

I'm curious if they may move Napoli to 1B. Mathis is not due back for 2 weeks or so, bit it seems to me their backup catchers are as good as anyone that can play 1B. I suppose they could move Wood there, but it would not shock me to see Napoli get the time.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#6 Post by Todd Zola »

Hmm.

Mike Lowell for Reggie Willits?
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

da_big_kid_94
Hall of Famer

#7 Post by da_big_kid_94 »

Todd Zola wrote:Hmm.

Nah ...Sox already have Reggie Willits ...he just comes dressed up as Jeremy Hermida.

viper
Hall of Famer

#8 Post by viper »

In my other NFBC league, the same team has Morales & Halladay. A true Good News / Bad News day. The worse news is they are in dead last place a mere 73 points out of first going into the day.

Mike Ladd
Buffy, the Umpire Slayer

Captain Hook

#9 Post by Captain Hook »

Morales fractured his lower left leg......surgery tomorrow and will be out 10-12 weeks

Of course I have him on three different teams :(

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#10 Post by Todd Zola »

da_big_kid_94 wrote:
Todd Zola wrote:Hmm.

Nah ...Sox already have Reggie Willits ...he just comes dressed up as Jeremy Hermida.
Not really, at least not in the manner I can see them using Willits, which is defensively in center to spell Cameron or push him to LF while Ellsbury is out...again.

Cameron is not fully healthy, won't be all season and the plan was to lessen the load while playing by shifting him to LF and by sitting him on occasion.

With the disclaimer than this is nothing more than fun speculation on my part, the money would be the driving force, not Willits. It would depend on how much of the contract Boston would pick up.

There are a few problems in general, not the least of which is whether Anaheim would spend anything at all. Players like Hank Blalock (cheaper) and Paul Konerko (better) might be available.

lawr
Major League All-Star

#11 Post by lawr »

robb quinlan's fourteenth big chance?

i got kendry on my bloomberg team. he will be tough to replace. i figure he is gone for the year. got droobs on the team too, and i thought i made a good move picking up coco crisp off the waiver wire. as if.

Skin Blues
Major League Regular

#12 Post by Skin Blues »

So no word on who is replacing him? FAAB deadline is 11 PM Eastern, and I could use a bat.

mjlewis
Major League Veteran

#13 Post by mjlewis »

No word on the callup, but Napoli is playing first today. When is Mathis coming back?

Captain Hook

#14 Post by Captain Hook »

The called up Robb Quinlan, so with no other moves they would use a combination of Quinlan and Napoli.

There is always the possibility of a trade but not sure the Angels want to trade away their many valued prospects....now if they could get Pena or Blalock for the right player from Tampa.....or if the White Sox raise the white flag and are willing to deal Konerko...who knows. The one Angel prospect that has been mentioned is Mark Trumbo but personally I don't see Trumbo as a major league first baseman.

The notes from Anaheim today are that they may get Morales back before seasons end.

Trav The Ump

#15 Post by Trav The Ump »

mjlewis wrote:Napoli is playing first today.
Unfortunately this isn't a big deal other than he may be getting some more AB's when Mathis does return as I don't think anyone would move him from Catcher to 1B

Also of note, Howie Kendrick sighting today...also hit a walk off 3 run HR and came away healthy. Phew!