Madison Bumgarner and Daniel Hudson

Minor Leaguers, prospects, projects, and suspects.
deansdaddy

Madison Bumgarner and Daniel Hudson

#1 Post by deansdaddy »

I just made a speculative play for both of these guys in the Rookie League in anticipation of the wave of June call ups of rookies that are coming.

I spent $2 and $1 respectively and can afford to stash them for a couple of weeks. Both look to have a chance to crack their respective rotations once they get past their service time benchmarks.

My questions are :

When do you see these guys getting called up?

What kind of success to you see for them this year?

Captain Hook

Re: Madison Bumgarner and Daniel Hudson

#2 Post by Captain Hook »

deansdaddy wrote:I just made a speculative play for both of these guys in the Rookie League in anticipation of the wave of June call ups of rookies that are coming.

My questions are :

When do you see these guys getting called up?

What kind of success to you see for them this year?
Okay, guesses in May, but....

1) Hudson I see being up before Bumgarner (assuming no injury to those currently in SF rotation). He has pitched in Chicago before, had a rough start this year but seems to have righted the ship and is striking out 10+ AAA hitters per game. It has been widely suggested that Hudson will be up when the White Sox tire of Freddy Garcia's lack of success.....well that should have already happened IMO

2) Bumgarner had his hands on the fifth spot in the Giants rotation but had a terrible spring and the reports were that his velocity was down a few mph. He hasn't been great at AAA, so just not sure when he will be brought up. Wellemeyer has been both good and bad and everyone else is a lock to stay in place (assuming no injury)

I guess at this point I see Hudson being closer to a spot and more effective - at least for this year.

SteveB
Major League All-Star

Re: Madison Bumgarner and Daniel Hudson

#3 Post by SteveB »

Bumgarner seems to have regained his speed on his fastball and looks to be righting the ship. However i wouldnt be surprised if they called up Martinez or Hacker first when Wellemeyer implodes again. Long term no question Bumgarner is the one to have just may need to be patient before he gets the call