Weekly potential free agents article

General player discussion. It is encouraged but not necessary to note the name of player and the date of the news in the subject.
alleyoops
Major League All-Star
Preferred Style: 5x5 slow auctions

Weekly potential free agents article

#1 Post by alleyoops »

In looking over the summary of the Platinum package contents, one thing that looks "missing" is a weekly analysis of potential free agents. By this I'm referring to the kind of article that Perry did last year at FB.com. It does say that projections will be updated at least weekly, but an article discussing possible free agents each week would be really nice. I imagine those two things could be tied together, although not every potential free agent is someone whose status has changed that week. I think Perry had a good handle on the kinds of players who should be discussed.

At a minimum, it would be nice to identify/list all players whose projections changed since the prior week.

Another feature that was available on FB last year was "live advice". It's probably not really all that necessary, since Todd is so responsive to the forum posts. But still, it might be nice to have, to allow some immediate back-and-forth.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Weekly potential free agents article

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

My apologies, but at least for this season, a weekly free agent article is not in the plans. If we can expand the staff in the future, we will offer more in-season content.

What I can say that if time permits, I will include this in the nightly newsletter, which will be a free feature. We hesitate to promise more than we can deliver to the Platinum subscribers, but I have a feeling I will be able to do this in newsletter form.

In lieu of live advice, we will likely have some nightly chats.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Weekly potential free agents article

#3 Post by Todd Zola »

At a minimum, it would be nice to identify/list all players whose projections changed since the prior week.
In-season, this is going to be everyone. We are working on a weighting system that considers past performance, present expectation and year-to-date stats that generates a projected stat line for the balance of the season.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord