So....

General player discussion. It is encouraged but not necessary to note the name of player and the date of the news in the subject.
Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

So....

#1 Post by Todd Zola »

I just fell off a turnip truck and slept under a rock in a cave all day...

Anything cool happen at the old ball-yard today/tonight?
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

da_big_kid_94
Hall of Famer

Re: So....

#2 Post by da_big_kid_94 »

I understand things were pretty quiet in St. Louis for about 18 innings or so. Probably didn't miss much there.
These are my views based on my own opinions and observations - your mileage may vary.
"KNOW THY LEAGUE" - the Forum Funklord - 4/13/2009
Fantasy is managing stats ... roto is managing teams

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#3 Post by Todd Zola »

Next thing you know you'll tell me Livan threw a CG SO and a Rockie pitcher tossed a no-no :roll:
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

da_big_kid_94
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by da_big_kid_94 »

Todd Zola wrote:Next thing you know you'll tell me Livan threw a CG SO and a Rockie pitcher tossed a no-no :roll:
Naaahhh ... I was nowhere NEAR that drunk last night! Although I understand Duncan is thinking about using Felipe as his 6th starter and Lohse may be a late inning defensive replacement with his arm... no ....scratch that last one ...maybe I WAS that drunk. :shock:
These are my views based on my own opinions and observations - your mileage may vary.

lawr
Major League All-Star

#5 Post by lawr »

i am guessing cla meredith will be the next to get a chance closing in baltimore after yesterdays horrible pen meltdown.

i scored the oakland-orioles game. they completely unraveled, and truth is, those of us who base in the bay area almost feel sorry for the poor orioles, especially yesterday. and, well, the a's simply played a better game and came through in the clutch.

anyway, the point is i think someone other than johnson will get a shot now.

viper
Hall of Famer
Preferred Style: Currently in an AL-only league with the Bill James Technical RCA as the single hitting category and ERA as the single pitching category.

#6 Post by viper »

Suddenly the Nats may be the best team in the Washington/Baltimore area. And then I see that Marquis & Batista have given up 10 runs in the top of the first and they still have but one out.

My boss is at the game today. I went yesterday. I did better. It's only middle 50s with a cold wind. The stadium may be deserted by the 5th inning.
The avalanche has started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote. -- Ambassador Kosh

Mike Ladd
Buffy, the Umpire Slayer

Trav The Ump

#7 Post by Trav The Ump »

Lawr, you think we see Uehara getting some shots at the Orioles one win a week save opportunity?

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#8 Post by Todd Zola »

I'm not Lawr nor do I play him on TV but I suspect Uehara will be in the mix if he can come back before Gonzalez and he appears headed in that direction. But I would not expect him to take the job and run with it as Gonzalez will be given the job back and even if he is out or ineffective for a long stretch, Uehara has not given indication he can remain healthy.

da_big_kid_94
Hall of Famer

#9 Post by da_big_kid_94 »

Trav The Ump wrote:Lawr, you think we see Uehara getting some shots at the Orioles one win a week save opportunity?
You are beautiful and a true roto guy, Trav. Only a true roto guy asks this question of a team that hasn't won a home game in a season going into its third week. :lol: :lol:

Trav The Ump

#10 Post by Trav The Ump »

da_big_kid_94 wrote:
Trav The Ump wrote:Lawr, you think we see Uehara getting some shots at the Orioles one win a week save opportunity?
You are beautiful and a true roto guy, Trav. Only a true roto guy asks this question of a team that hasn't won a home game in a season going into its third week. :lol: :lol:
Hey it's an only league, and a save here or there can be a few points come the end of the season. Mining the depths my friend, mining the depths... :lol: