Rolen over brandon inge

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
Andersonmatrix217

Rolen over brandon inge

#1 Post by Andersonmatrix217 »

looking to score some more power which would you take

deansdaddy

Re: Rolen over brandon inge

#2 Post by deansdaddy »

If you are looking for pure power than Inge is a better bet at this point - although he did have off season surgery on both knees I think - and it seems the plan is to sit him more this season to keep him healthy. The downside with Inge is and always will be his lousy Avg. Rolen doesn't have the power upside any more - but as long as he is healthy he has the potential to hurt you less across the board than Inge IMO. Rolen showed he could still hit .300 last year. He is always an injury risk - so that limits his upside. It's up to you - but from a pure power standpoint it's Inge.

cwk1963

#3 Post by cwk1963 »

deansdaddy wrote:If you are looking for pure power than Inge is a better bet at this point - although he did have off season surgery on both knees I think - and it seems the plan is to sit him more this season to keep him healthy. The downside with Inge is and always will be his lousy Avg. Rolen doesn't have the power upside any more - but as long as he is healthy he has the potential to hurt you less across the board than Inge IMO. Rolen showed he could still hit .300 last year. He is always an injury risk - so that limits his upside. It's up to you - but from a pure power standpoint it's Inge.
I second that.

da_big_kid_94
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by da_big_kid_94 »

I would go Rolen over Inge ...they are very close ... but there is one mitigating factor that makes me lean towards Rolen. Over the last 4 years, the average HR rate for Comerica is 1.03 (1.00 indicating a totally neutral park). They will play in a division that averages 1.27 (US Cellular), .86 (Kaufmann), .87 (Jacobs) and who knows (Target). By those same numbers, Great American averages 1.26 in a division with 1.13 (Wrigley), .81 (Busch), .98 (PNC) 1.02 (Miller) and 1.11 (Minute Maid). Rolen will play a season that may provide more conducive opportunities for him than Inge ...assuming both stay relatively healthy.
These are my views based on my own opinions and observations - your mileage may vary.
"KNOW THY LEAGUE" - the Forum Funklord - 4/13/2009
Fantasy is managing stats ... roto is managing teams

lawr
Major League All-Star

#5 Post by lawr »

i am with chris and ryan. inge will hit for more pop; rolen will hit for more of everything else. sorry kid...

da_big_kid_94
Hall of Famer

#6 Post by da_big_kid_94 »

lawr wrote:i am with chris and ryan. inge will hit for more pop; rolen will hit for more of everything else. sorry kid...
S'all right, sir. 'Tis why we play the game.
These are my views based on my own opinions and observations - your mileage may vary.
"KNOW THY LEAGUE" - the Forum Funklord - 4/13/2009
Fantasy is managing stats ... roto is managing teams

Andersonmatrix217

#7 Post by Andersonmatrix217 »

thanks everyone
AVG isn't really an interest point seeing as i only want to win 6 categories, but im gonna see if i can trade inge for another source of power then pick up rolen so i can then get the best of both worlds.