Is Kyle Blanks or Travis Snider worth stashing on the bench?

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
Montreal77

Is Kyle Blanks or Travis Snider worth stashing on the bench?

#1 Post by Montreal77 »

I have one roster spot left. Is Kyle Blanks as good as his HR every 14.8 AB's last year in 148 AB's suggest. Is he worth the spot. I am debating between him and Travis Hafner or Travis Snider. According to the Cleveland Plain Dealer, Hafner is swinging like he used to... and pain free.

Any suggestions on these guys?

AllstonRockCity

Re: Is Kyle Blanks or Travis Snider worth stashing on the bench?

#2 Post by AllstonRockCity »

if you can take the BA hit and need HR, Blanks is your man.

if you want a young up and comer with all around stats (except speed) then its Snider

if you want to gamble, roll the dice with Hafner.

Montreal77

#3 Post by Montreal77 »

Thanks AllstonRock City! Wasn't Blanks a minor league .300 hitter? Any think he can translate that minor league hitting stat to the majors? I am fine with the hit at .AVG, as long as the HR projections are accurate.

Is Snider for sure hitting at the bottom of the Jays order? I thought that I read eight.

lawr
Major League All-Star

#4 Post by lawr »

i would say YES and YES. both are worth stashing, though i am more of a blanks fan than a snider one (better obp).

i drafted blanks on purpose on several teams, and have him on two keeper teams as well.

deansdaddy

#5 Post by deansdaddy »

Another vote for Blanks - but Snider's close.