Mike Moustakas

Minor Leaguers, prospects, projects, and suspects.
Tampa Bob
Major League Veteran
Preferred Style: Rotisserie Auction

Mike Moustakas

#1 Post by Tampa Bob »

In our AL only league we can have 5 players not on the 25 man roster or DL. Anyone else, college, minors, foreign, or unsigned (J. Dye) are available.

I am holding onto Mike Moustakas, the KC 3B, and wonder if he's poised to fulfill his promise or is going to turn into an average, at best, 1B/DH.

I'd replace him with the 30th pick in our draft which would be someone like Hector Rondon, Alex Colome, Trevor Reckling, Tanner Sheppers, Jared Mitchell or Ryan Westmoreland (yeah, I know).

In other words, the available players are plentiful, the sure things are not.

Keep Moutakas or take a chance on someone else?

Thanks ~TB
10 team AL only. 4x4 with strikeouts. No drops without IL or Minors. Can keep 5 up to 3 years if $10 or under.
C: D. Jansen - $3, Y. Diaz - N/A 1B: V. Guerrero - $1 2B: J. Polanco - $4 SS: B. Witt - $1 3B: A. Bregman - $22
CR: E. Duran - $1, UT: J. Westberg - N/A
OF: K. Tucker - $1, J. Rodriguez - $1, E. Oliveras - $1, J. Kelenic - $3, M. Vierling - N/A.
SP: K. Maeta - N/A, T. Skubal - N/A, G. Cole - $46, Z. Eflin - $3, C. Sale - N/A, J. Montgomery - N/A

RP: K. Jansen - $23, C. Holmes - $27.
Minors: G. Rodriguez, A. Volpe, K. Manzardo, B. Lee, C. DeLauter

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Mike Moustakas

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

The shine is definitely off Moustakas. If you are sure there will be talent, why not drop him with the worst case being picking him back up? If nothing else, if someone else is not aware of his struggles, it pushes something down to you.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

Tampa Bob
Major League Veteran

#3 Post by Tampa Bob »

I hate it when my brilliant picks lose their shine. I was thinking along the same lines and wondered whether anyone thought it was a huge mistake. Thanks, Todd.
10 team AL only. 4x4 with strikeouts. No drops without IL or Minors. Can keep 5 up to 3 years if $10 or under.
C: D. Jansen - $3, Y. Diaz - N/A 1B: V. Guerrero - $1 2B: J. Polanco - $4 SS: B. Witt - $1 3B: A. Bregman - $22
OF: K. Tucker - $1, J. Rodriguez - $1, E. Oliveras - $1, J. Kelenic - $3, M. Vierling - N/A.
SP: K. Maeta - N/A, T. Skubal - N/A, G. Cole - $46, Z. Eflin - $3, C. Sale - N/A, J. Montgomery - N/A

da_big_kid_94
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by da_big_kid_94 »

Couple of things , Bob
  • As Todd said, the bloom is somewhat off the rose here
  • You're committed to Ynoa, it seems - so that's one slot tied up for two more years at least
  • I would think Rondon's arrival would be sooner than Moustakas
  • We're talking KC here and the whole fun bunch they have in the front office y'know? The team that signed a fifth OF to a major league deal 300G's over the minimum and then sent him down to low A so he can try and become a pitcher?
These are my views based on my own opinions and observations - your mileage may vary.
"KNOW THY LEAGUE" - the Forum Funklord - 4/13/2009
Fantasy is managing stats ... roto is managing teams

Captain Hook

#5 Post by Captain Hook »

I like MooseTacos, but he has had injury problems and of course has organizational problems so I would rather have someone with equal upside with a better path

Lots of these questions are dependant on whether you are looking for players that are more likely to help this year (Rondon) or long term potential (Mitchell....or Westmoreland IF he ever plays baseball again)

Tampa Bob
Major League Veteran

#6 Post by Tampa Bob »

Well, someone DID pick up Moustakas (and Rondon) so for my 3 picks I ended up with Jesus Montero (#11), Casey Crosby (20), and Jacob Turner (30).

Looking long term for the best possible talent. In 2011 I'll have to bring Feliz up and the other 4 will likely not be in the bigs until 2011 or 2012. Starting pitchers go for huge sums in our league (Matusz $15, Weaver $27, Buehrle $21) so I thought I'd shoot for a cuople good ones.

Thanks... ~TB