Jason Grey Top 100 Prospects for 2010

Minor Leaguers, prospects, projects, and suspects.
Kelly_Leak
Major League All-Star
Preferred Style: 5x5 AL-only Auction

Jason Grey Top 100 Prospects for 2010

#1 Post by Kelly_Leak »

I've always enjoyed former MBer Jason Grey's write-ups. Although it is an insider article it is currently free to view.

http://insider.espn.go.com/fantasy/base ... pprospects
10 Team 5x5 (OBP) AL-Only; 100 FAAB; *6 Keepers
1C: J.Lucroy; 1B: H.Ramirez; 2B: A.Cabrera; 3B: A.Bregman*; SS: R.Martin; MI: M.Semien; CI: C.Davis; OF: C.Stewart, T.Pham*, C.Mullins, J.Bradley, E.Jimenez*; DH: N.Cruz
10P: K.Herrera, C.Rodon, B.Snell*, J.Junis, H.Strickland, J.Verlander, M.Givens, C.Roe, T.Cahill, L.Giolito
Bench: N.Lowe, V.GuerreroJr*, J.Choi, F.Whitley, A.Hays
DL: F.Lindor*, B.Zimmer, D.Duffy

viper
Hall of Famer
Preferred Style: Currently in an AL-only league with the Bill James Technical RCA as the single hitting category and ERA as the single pitching category.

Re: Jason Grey Top 100 Prospects for 2010

#2 Post by viper »

no it isn't
The avalanche has started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote. -- Ambassador Kosh

Mike Ladd
Buffy, the Umpire Slayer

Kelly_Leak
Major League All-Star

#3 Post by Kelly_Leak »

Argh! Sorry! It was free about an hour ago.
1C: J.Lucroy; 1B: H.Ramirez; 2B: A.Cabrera; 3B: A.Bregman*; SS: R.Martin; MI: M.Semien; CI: C.Davis; OF: C.Stewart, T.Pham*, C.Mullins, J.Bradley, E.Jimenez*; DH: N.Cruz
10P: K.Herrera, C.Rodon, B.Snell*, J.Junis, H.Strickland, J.Verlander, M.Givens, C.Roe, T.Cahill, L.Giolito

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Todd Zola »

It's free if you pay for it.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

Kelly_Leak
Major League All-Star

#5 Post by Kelly_Leak »

I swear, it was free for about 30 minutes! I am not an ESPN insider (only a free member) and I read the whole article. Not that it contained anything ground breaking. Just great to read Jason whenever there is an opportunity.

I had something similar happen with Keith Law's top 100 about a month ago. I opened it, perused it for a couple minutes, and then when I went to look at it again I couldn't see the list anymore.

I swear! I'm not crazy! :shock:

cwk1963

#6 Post by cwk1963 »

I asked this question a year or so ago - "what content do you get being an ESPN Insider; is it worth the money?". A wise sage with the initials FF answered Jason Grey. I haven't looked back since. I know everyone has their own financial situations but I would find a way to pony up the coconuts.

brian
Major Leaguer

#7 Post by brian »

Here is a tip I learned. ESPN is so anxious to get subscriptions to the Magazine, they are willing to give Insider access "free" with the magazine. Defying logic, the price of the mag (+ Insider) is considerably less than Insider alone.

You do need to go in after receiving your first mag to enter the code off the label to activate the Insider access, but if you pay attention, it is worth it. I bought three one-year gift subscriptions over the holidays for a total of $39.

I join the others in agreement that the service is worth the money.

On the subject of this thread, Jason's list is both unique and especially valuable because his criteria for selecting his list was based on possibility of contributing THIS season. That is very different from most prospect lists.
Brian Walton
mastersball.com

daweasle
Major League Veteran

#8 Post by daweasle »

If you want insider on the cheap go to:

www.bestdealmagazines.com/

search espn

they will sell you the magazine for $3.99 for a one year subscription.

then you go to espn.com and input your address and =boom= youre an insider

theres a similar way to do the rotowire six month subscription (go to rotowire and pretend like you are signing up for a one year pass. when it asks how you want to pay click on the "buyonegetone" logo) you can buy something - (for example i bought my wife a dozen roses for our anniversary next week - from FTD.com for $1999 plus shipping....and I got a free rotowire 6 month pass. (I was going to buy the roses anyways - so it was basically free to me)