NFBC Draft Software

General player discussion. It is encouraged but not necessary to note the name of player and the date of the news in the subject.
AllstonRockCity

NFBC Draft Software

#1 Post by AllstonRockCity »

Does anyone know if this is actually up and running yet? Has anyone done a real draft on it yet?

I have a satellite coming up on 4/1 at 7pm and am wondering if we will be drafting on mockdraftcentral or on their own software. If my draft is going to be on their software, I'll need to input my rankings.

Has anyone done any type of draft on their software recently and if so, did your list load/work properly??

AllstonRockCity

Re: NFBC Draft Software

#2 Post by AllstonRockCity »

Just heard back from Greg.

The software has been operational for 9 days now, fully debugged and ready to go. So that answers that part of it.

I'd still like to hear from people that have actually used it with their $$ on the line. Did you use a pre-rank list?? Did it work?? Any quirks or helpful hints you'd like to pass along??

Kelly_Leak
Major League All-Star
Preferred Style: 5x5 AL-only Auction

#3 Post by Kelly_Leak »

Drafting tonight, so I will let you know. I did do two mocks on the software over the weekend. I inputted three lists beforehand: Hitters, Starting Pitchers, Relief Pitchers. I had no problem toggling between my lists in draft. Hopefully, everything goes smoothly tonight.
10 Team 5x5 (OBP) AL-Only; 100 FAAB; *6 Keepers
1C: J.Lucroy; 1B: H.Ramirez; 2B: A.Cabrera; 3B: A.Bregman*; SS: R.Martin; MI: M.Semien; CI: C.Davis; OF: C.Stewart, T.Pham*, C.Mullins, J.Bradley, E.Jimenez*; DH: N.Cruz
10P: K.Herrera, C.Rodon, B.Snell*, J.Junis, H.Strickland, J.Verlander, M.Givens, C.Roe, T.Cahill, L.Giolito
Bench: N.Lowe, V.GuerreroJr*, J.Choi, F.Whitley, A.Hays
DL: F.Lindor*, B.Zimmer, D.Duffy

viper
Hall of Famer
Preferred Style: Currently in an AL-only league with the Bill James Technical RCA as the single hitting category and ERA as the single pitching category.

#4 Post by viper »

I'll be anxious to read you comments. I have the #6 pick in my March 31 satellite draft. I need to redo my lists but my first priority is getting my stuff together for my Friday morning AL-only auction
The avalanche has started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote. -- Ambassador Kosh

Mike Ladd
Buffy, the Umpire Slayer

cwk1963

#5 Post by cwk1963 »

I did a draft there yesterday - it's not on MDC. Everything worked fine. You go into the mock draft section and input your list there. It carries over to the real draft in a pull down menu.

AllstonRockCity

#6 Post by AllstonRockCity »

excellent. thanks guys.

Kelly, looking forward to your update.

anyone else with anything to add??

Jim F

#7 Post by Jim F »

I just heard from two guys that drafted in seperate drafts last night. Both drafts got held up due to site issues, one was for 20 minutes and the other got help up twice for a total of over an hour. NFBC reps were there to deal with it quickly, which was good news but it does make me very nervous with a draft Saturday and again Tuesday.

cwk1963

#8 Post by cwk1963 »

Without being there myself, I'd have to take something like this with a grain of salt. Not saying it couldn't happen. But in yesterday afternoon's draft, it got held up a couple of times because 1 guy had computer issues. He said it was computer issues but then kept saying in the chat that he was getting screwed because it wasn't working right.

Kelly_Leak
Major League All-Star
Preferred Style: 5x5 AL-only Auction

#9 Post by Kelly_Leak »

No problems with the draft software last night - at least for me. I used three lists: Hitters, Starting Pitchers, and Relief Pitchers. I was able to quickly toggle between them in-draft based on the direction I was looking to go in that particular round.

Several other owners had the draft software select one player when they actually had clicked on someone else (or so they said). If you ask me it was probably operator error only because I had zero problems. It was a bit understandable when Joe Nathan went in the 5th!!! Obviously that was an error.

Overall, the draft was fun, but LONG! It took almost 5 hours to complete! The first 5 rounds took over an hour. This was mostly due to the fact that Tom/Geoff had to call several owners to make sure they were logged in...this delayed our start by about 15 minutes. Then there were a couple owners that had auto-picks in the first two rounds, so Tom/Geoff would stop the draft and make sure that owner was present.
10 Team 5x5 (OBP) AL-Only; 100 FAAB; *6 Keepers
1C: J.Lucroy; 1B: H.Ramirez; 2B: A.Cabrera; 3B: A.Bregman*; SS: R.Martin; MI: M.Semien; CI: C.Davis; OF: C.Stewart, T.Pham*, C.Mullins, J.Bradley, E.Jimenez*; DH: N.Cruz
10P: K.Herrera, C.Rodon, B.Snell*, J.Junis, H.Strickland, J.Verlander, M.Givens, C.Roe, T.Cahill, L.Giolito
Bench: N.Lowe, V.GuerreroJr*, J.Choi, F.Whitley, A.Hays
DL: F.Lindor*, B.Zimmer, D.Duffy

AllstonRockCity

#10 Post by AllstonRockCity »

Thanks Kelly.

Sounds like people are trying to pin their mistakes on the software and hoping to get a 'do-over'.