Neftali Feliz

General player discussion. It is encouraged but not necessary to note the name of player and the date of the news in the subject.
ksenor

Neftali Feliz

#1 Post by ksenor »

It is looking like Nefi will be put in the bullpen to start the season. Any projections on possible Holds?

Is this the type of pitcher that could be a good middle reliever fantasy-wise with the high Ks?

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Neftali Feliz

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

Not skirting the question, but it is difficult enough to project holds for pitchers with a history in the role, let alone someone new to the role -- no way of knowing his usage.

But a big, fat yes on the second, which intuitively suggests he will be used in meaningful games leading to holds.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

ksenor

#3 Post by ksenor »

Yeah I know. Especially when there is no telling how he will be used in the pen. Sounds like they are going to let Oliver setup for now.

I tend to look for solid RPs that will help in the pitching categories and just hope the Holds fall into place.

lawr
Major League All-Star

#4 Post by lawr »

i would expect nefi will get plenty of work. and, i have said all along, i think by the end of the year he will be the closer.

i know he can start, but, let's face it, any team would love to have a dominant 100 mph-plus closer who can throw strikes.

and, the rotation is pretty well set without him, so i see oliver spotting against lefties and feliz getting the work. if he hangs, and there is an opening, bye bye franky frank, the chair thrower...

ksenor

#5 Post by ksenor »

I really hope that is the way they go with Nefi as a Ranger fan. The kid could be a dominate closer for many years.

Oh come one, that was one of franky's shining moments in Oaktown.