Sean Rodriguez-believe the hype?

General player discussion. It is encouraged but not necessary to note the name of player and the date of the news in the subject.
whammer
Major League Regular

Sean Rodriguez-believe the hype?

#1 Post by whammer »

I have seen the MB projections - Is he keepable at $8(this year and next) in an Al only league?

I was gonna toss him back in and let someone else pay for the hype- but is he worth ut? would you keep him at $8.

Thanks

Captain Hook

Re: Sean Rodriguez-believe the hype?

#2 Post by Captain Hook »

I love the guy and have watched him for years - never got the chance with Big Angels but had a ton of guys in front of him......still $8 is a ton UNLESS he has a job....and for this year in most leagues, he only qualifies at OF.....and right now best he can hope for is a platoon with Joyce (he plays 2B when Joyce sits and Zobrist plays RF; or when he is out, Joyce plays RF and Zobrist is at 2B)......so $8 is a very high price to pay for an OF only in a platoon spot and I probably wouldn't........perhaps the time between now and your freeze dealine clarifies things....otherwise unless your keepers are all infielders AND the inflation is over 33%, I would not keep him at $8

david_hume

#3 Post by david_hume »

throw him back, then buy him at the auction for $4

Tags1919

#4 Post by Tags1919 »

It looks like he's going to be the starting 2B with Zobrist playing RF. I'm sure Joyce will figure in there somewhere but even if he gets 4-5 starts a week and capitilizes I think he could be a steal.

Captain Hook

#5 Post by Captain Hook »

Agree that he looks to be starting now (Joyce likely not ready by opening day) and I would for sure KEEP him

ssmarsh

#6 Post by ssmarsh »

He's a nice player, but $8 might be a little much to keep him for two years.