Projections 0311

Ask questions or post comments on all site articles, essays and analysis pieces.
viper
Hall of Famer
Preferred Style: Currently in an AL-only league with the Bill James Technical RCA as the single hitting category and ERA as the single pitching category.

Projections 0311

#1 Post by viper »

Another target date met. This is a very good thing. Of course there will be some news today which will cause changes but these projections are just a snapshot of known events.

I'm very happy to see the two tabs showing changes in IP & AB. I added a column showing the differences and sorted it to see where the changes occurred. You could see which players were likely effected. Someone likes Kinsler to have an injury free season.

The majority had no changes. Although I will redo my cheat sheet, I'm wondering how many, if any, player with no IP/AB changes had projection changes. In other words, if a player's AB/IP stayed the same, will their numbers be the essentially the same. I can see slight changes in Wins for pitchers based on outside factors [Nathan out] or hitters losing some RBIs [less Reyes].
The avalanche has started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote. -- Ambassador Kosh

Mike Ladd
Buffy, the Umpire Slayer

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Projections 0311

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

I wouldn't say no injury to Kinsler, but not expecting a prolonged DH stint.

If we don't change AB/IP, the rest of the projection won't change expect for wins and saves. Saves are subjective, wins are in part based on runs scored by the offense.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

aburt19
Major League Elite
Preferred Style: AL only 5X5 keeper auction

#3 Post by aburt19 »

It's not a big deal because it is something that can be changed by the user, but Mike Lowell has a desination of N instead
of A.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Todd Zola »

Thanks for the catch. I will fix that tonight when I alter Figgins (see thread in player section) and add Ardolis Chapman, who I really thought I added last week.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

steveb1164
Low-A

#5 Post by steveb1164 »

Something happened to the excel sheet for hitters. Adam Dunn and Elijah Dukes are both missing and maybe others.

viper
Hall of Famer
Preferred Style: Currently in an AL-only league with the Bill James Technical RCA as the single hitting category and ERA as the single pitching category.

#6 Post by viper »

I see Chapman is added and Figgins ABs and counting stats upped.

I presume Lowell will be returned to the DB as an AL and that Dunn & Dukes will return from AWOL.

Were any other projections changed besides Chapman & Figgins in last evenings maintenance run?
The avalanche has started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote. -- Ambassador Kosh

Mike Ladd
Buffy, the Umpire Slayer

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#7 Post by Todd Zola »

Sorry, fixed.

Chapman was returned with the same projection as last week.

Figgins increased, Hannahan decreased.

Maysonet increased, Berkman decreased.

BeanTown

#8 Post by BeanTown »

I see that either late last night or early this morning some maintenance was done to the hitters list and some mysteriously missing players such as Dunn and Zimm. were added back in as well as Figgins being updated.

However, there seems to be a couple of small issues with the Pitchers list. Anibal Sanchez, Brian Sanches and Andrew Miller are missing from the projections tab. Also, Aroldis Chapman's name is misspelled as Ardolis. Not a big deal but figured I'd mention it as he could be missed if people are using vlookups to import these projections into another program/file.

Sorry if this has been brought up somewhere else already. Thanks.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#9 Post by Todd Zola »

thanks -- not a mystery, just a result of doing the update while doing a draft, it won't happen again

pitching file will be fixed within the hour

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#10 Post by Todd Zola »

fixed...

da_big_kid_94
Hall of Famer

#11 Post by da_big_kid_94 »

And if I may ... one minor point in future releases ...I mentioned this to lawr for Zen, but for those of us who do use VLOOKUP, could you make a differentiation between Chris B Young (ARI OF) and Chris R Young (SD P)?
These are my views based on my own opinions and observations - your mileage may vary.
"KNOW THY LEAGUE" - the Forum Funklord - 4/13/2009
Fantasy is managing stats ... roto is managing teams

aburt19
Major League Elite
Preferred Style: AL only 5X5 keeper auction

#12 Post by aburt19 »

Just when you up the playing time projection for Ian Kinsler, he now has a high ankle sprain and is out for about a week.
It's not that the injury affects him for the regular season. It's just another data point that he does seem to get injured a lot,
even if the injuries are non-recurring one (i.e. not always hamstring problems, knee injury, etc).

JP Kastner

#13 Post by JP Kastner »

da_big_kid_94,

We will fix that for you. On the list of things we are going to be doing different next year is that we are going to include the Baseball Info Solutions player ID. We actually use that ID number internally, so we should just include that. Using a unique player ID number makes sure that you know which Alex Gonzales, Tony Pena and Chris Young's you are looking at.

da_big_kid_94
Hall of Famer

#14 Post by da_big_kid_94 »

JP Kastner wrote:da_big_kid_94,

We will fix that for you. On the list of things we are going to be doing different next year is that we are going to include the Baseball Info Solutions player ID. We actually use that ID number internally, so we should just include that. Using a unique player ID number makes sure that you know which Alex Gonzales, Tony Pena and Chris Young's you are looking at.
Bless you with great bless, sir. One less thing to deal with ... like various Jr.s ...or is it Di Felice or DiFelice ... or Manny Corpas or Manuel Corpas ...Or J.J. Hardy or JJ Hardy ... etc.
These are my views based on my own opinions and observations - your mileage may vary.
"KNOW THY LEAGUE" - the Forum Funklord - 4/13/2009
Fantasy is managing stats ... roto is managing teams