Draft worksheet with Excel 2007

The place to ask questions, get support, or add to the open source (for Mastersball.com subscribers) draft worksheet.
CaptainTrunk

Draft worksheet with Excel 2007

#1 Post by CaptainTrunk »

I'm trying to get the worksheet set up, but there is no Insert->Names selection in Excel 2007.

Anyone know where I need to go?

Kelly_Leak
Major League All-Star
Preferred Style: 5x5 AL-only Auction

Re: Draft worksheet with Excel 2007

#2 Post by Kelly_Leak »

From the Formulas menu --> Go to Named Cells panel --> Click Name a Range dropdown --> Select Name a Range
10 Team 5x5 (OBP) AL-Only; 100 FAAB; *6 Keepers
1C: J.Lucroy; 1B: H.Ramirez; 2B: A.Cabrera; 3B: A.Bregman*; SS: R.Martin; MI: M.Semien; CI: C.Davis; OF: C.Stewart, T.Pham*, C.Mullins, J.Bradley, E.Jimenez*; DH: N.Cruz
10P: K.Herrera, C.Rodon, B.Snell*, J.Junis, H.Strickland, J.Verlander, M.Givens, C.Roe, T.Cahill, L.Giolito
Bench: N.Lowe, V.GuerreroJr*, J.Choi, F.Whitley, A.Hays
DL: F.Lindor*, B.Zimmer, D.Duffy

da_big_kid_94
Hall of Famer

#3 Post by da_big_kid_94 »

Actually, the 2007 version of Excel has a Name Manager function (something LOOONG overdue) on it's little ribbon. Click Formulas, then click Name Manager (in the Defined Names portion of the ribbon). A window will now open telling you alll the range names in the current workbook, their current values and the current boundaries of the range name without having to go on a search expedition. It also allows you to add, delete or modify a range name without having to continually open and close the dialog boxes. A nice enhancement.
These are my views based on my own opinions and observations - your mileage may vary.
"KNOW THY LEAGUE" - the Forum Funklord - 4/13/2009
Fantasy is managing stats ... roto is managing teams

CaptainTrunk

#4 Post by CaptainTrunk »

Thanks. That was way easier than in prior years. It let me change the name without having to go through the step of deleting the old one.