CVRC Issues On Mac With Excel 2004?

Ask questions or post comments concerning the CVRC, START or the Team and Player Tracker
rw0

CVRC Issues On Mac With Excel 2004?

#1 Post by rw0 »

Hi All,

When attempting to adjust CVRC to the paramters of my league, I noticed a couple of issues.

1. The buttons for Click To Generate Values, POS Rankings, and GRID Rankings do not work.

2. When clicking the buttons for Click for Grid Rankings with $ and Click for POS Rankings with $ I receive the following error: "Runtime Error 57121. Can't exit the design mode because Control 'CommandButton1' can not be created.

What to do?

Many thanks!

Best,
Ryan

AllstonRockCity

Re: CVRC Issues On Mac With Excel 2004?

#2 Post by AllstonRockCity »

the reasons the buttons don't work is that they are a macro. macro's don't work on a mac. i know this cuz i have a mac. to solve the issue all you do is paste the patch below in cell A1 of the "VALUES" page, fill right, then fill down. then you go to the "LEAGUE SETUP PAGE" and proceed as you normally would. once you've input the parameters and the correct player pool factor, just look at the "VALUES" tab and everything will magically be there.

VERY IMPORTANT - you must "paste special" whenever you copy from the "VALUES" tab to any other worksheet. so, "copy", "paste special", "values and formats only". what looks like name and numbers on the "VALUES" tab are actually formulas, regular old copying and pasting will move the formulas to whatever new sheet you are creating and will not work.

For Hitters paste: =League_Set_Up!HU2

For Pitchers paste: =League_Set_Up!CV2

it works like a charm for me, should do the same for you