Grant Desme

Minor Leaguers, prospects, projects, and suspects.
cwk1963

Grant Desme

#1 Post by cwk1963 »

A number of outlets are reporting that the A's OF prospect is retiring to enter the priesthood. This is a guy that was the MVP in the AFL and was the only 30/40 guy in the minors last year. A big decision on his part considering there was a lot of potential there. No need to hold onto him anymore.

lawr
Major League All-Star

Re: Grant Desme

#2 Post by lawr »

Wow. I sat next to his parents (with Todd and JP and Brian, I believe) at the AFL All Star Game last November, and Desme shone.

His parents were clearly proud of their son, laughing when I noted he needed to learn to throw to the cutoff man (Desme nailed a guy at the plate with a great throw from left that went all the way on a bounce).

As noted, he had a great year, and I was targeting him on a bunch of ultra leagues for my minors.

But, I have to say that well, you have to respect a guy who is willing to give up a lucrative career in the spotlight to chase introspection, spirituality, and person growth.

Good luck Grant. Out loss to not have seen your baseball career flourish, but following your heart is a good thing.

Trav The Ump

#3 Post by Trav The Ump »

Five weeks later, do we have any more info on this? Just putting together my minors cheat sheet and had him pretty high too.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Todd Zola »

Unless you are drafting for church league softball, cross him off your list.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

Trav The Ump

#5 Post by Trav The Ump »

Find me eight more guys Todd and I'm in any league with you. :lol:

I hear there's a nun in New Mexico who just rakes!