position eligibility questions

Ask questions or post comments on all site articles, essays and analysis pieces.
viper
Hall of Famer
Preferred Style: Currently in an AL-only league with the Bill James Technical RCA as the single hitting category and ERA as the single pitching category.

position eligibility questions

#1 Post by viper »

could you check the position eligibility for several players. I took the eligibility for the 2/15 hitters excel file. I presume that CVRC is the same. I used rotoworld for games played - only place I found that had stuff easily.

Coste, Chris - you show C1B but I think it should be C [only 19 at 1B]
Hairston Jr., Jerry - you have SSOF but I see 3BSSOF
Ryan, Brendan - you have 3Bss but I see just SS
Prado, Martin - you have 2B3b but I see 1B2B3B
Harris Brendan - you have SS but I see 3BSS

also
Cairo, Miguel - what is 1B based on, possibly 2008?
German, esteban - is 3B based on most games at any position [he had 10 at 3B] or minor play?
Clement, Jeff - is at DH only. Is this based on minors or what?
The avalanche has started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote. -- Ambassador Kosh

Mike Ladd
Buffy, the Umpire Slayer

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: position eligibility questions

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

Hmm, this is odd. No excuses, the most likely reason is I messed up the macro I wrote to pull the data from our stats feed, or did a bad sort somewhere along the line, but upon "researching" this, I looked at 4 different sources of games played and for some players, there are 4 different numbers. Some must count games started or something.

I am going to use the Bill James Handbook as my source....

Coste, Chris -C
Hairston Jr., Jerry - 3BSSOF
Ryan, Brendan - SS
Prado, Martin - 1B2B3B
Harris Brendan - 3BSS

also
Cairo, Miguel - 2B
German, Esteban - 3B (based on most games at any position [he had 10 at 3B] - yes)
Clement, Jeff -1B (played 21 there at AAA)
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

AllstonRockCity

#3 Post by AllstonRockCity »

will these changes be made to the 2/15 updates, or will we have to wait for the march 1st version?

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Todd Zola »

you can enter the changes, they won't impact the values
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

AllstonRockCity

#5 Post by AllstonRockCity »

got it, thanks

viper
Hall of Famer
Preferred Style: Currently in an AL-only league with the Bill James Technical RCA as the single hitting category and ERA as the single pitching category.

#6 Post by viper »

none of these players were top half draft-worthy players. I mostly wanted verification because of my four local AL & NL leagues. I still haven't seen the NFBC list of eligibility. I don't believe it is posted on the Fanball site. They are building draft lobbies and league pages along with the somewhat complex FAAB process. I personally hope they haven't bit off more than they can chew by trying to draft all the satellite leagues on Fanball. The first of the satellite leagues have been drafted on MDC.
The avalanche has started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote. -- Ambassador Kosh

Mike Ladd
Buffy, the Umpire Slayer

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#7 Post by Todd Zola »

I like me some Prado this year, in any league.

viper
Hall of Famer

#8 Post by viper »

Prado was round 13 in this practice draft. May go a bit higher later in the year. Still probably in the second half of your starters being drafted. When I think of top half, I think of the 14 active starters. This is probably due to 4 of my leagues having no bench. If you draft then, you play them.

Mike Ladd
Buffy, the Umpire Slayer