Daily Fantasy 6/11 - FanDuel evening games

Theories, Concepts and Analytical Discussion (draft strategies, valuation, inflation, scarcity, etc.)
alleyoops
Major League All-Star
Preferred Style: 5x5 slow auctions

Daily Fantasy 6/11 - FanDuel evening games

#1 Post by alleyoops »

P Yu Darvish $11,400 MIA@TEX ✗ 40% lots of good SP choices, but Darvish looks best facing a weak team and weak pitcher
C Evan Gattis $3,500 ATL@COL ✗ 65% stacking ATL righties, as they face a rookie LH in COL
1B Albert Pujols $3,000 OAK@LAA ✗ 42.5% cheap power R v L
2B Howie Kendrick $2,600 OAK@LAA ✗ 22.5% r v l
3B Chris Johnson $2,300 ATL@COL ✗ 57.5% stacking ATL righties, as they face a rookie LH in COL
SS Andrelton Simmons $2,400 ATL@COL ✗ 50% stacking ATL righties, as they face a rookie LH in COL
OF Justin Upton $3,900 ATL@COL ✗ 17.5% stacking ATL righties, as they face a rookie LH in COL
OF Jonny Gomes $2,900 BOS@BAL ✗ 10% r v l
OF Torii Hunter $2,900 DET@CWS ✗ 32.5% r v l

Looks like I got most of the high % guys, which is usually a good sign.
Last edited by alleyoops on June 11th, 2014, 6:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Daily Fantasy 6/11 - FanDuel evening game

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

Didn't have a ton of time -- this was an off-the-cuff entry into the $1 and $2 GPPs -- was locked out of the double ups

P Yu Darvish $11,400
C Evan Gattis $3,500
1B Ike Davis $2,400
2B Daniel Murphy $3,100
3B Chris Johnson $2,300
SS Jimmy Rollins $3,100
OF Chris Coghlan $2,300
OF Justin Upton $3,900
OF Rajai Davis $3,000
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Daily Fantasy 6/11 - FanDuel evening games

#3 Post by Todd Zola »

alleyoops wrote:
Looks like I got most of the high % guys, which is usually a good sign.
Maybe in cash game play but in GPP tourney play you want to fade the choices that seem obvious.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

alleyoops
Major League All-Star

#4 Post by alleyoops »

I haven't messed with GPPs. I find it plenty challenging beating half the others. I can see where one would need a different approach to beat 90+ %, as you need to do to do well in GPPs.

As a relative beginner, I'm encouraged when I see high %'s, and when I see common guys in my lineups and the guys who are all over the leaderboards. It seems an indication that I'm learning, and it's often an indication that I'll do well that night.

alleyoops
Major League All-Star

#5 Post by alleyoops »

Late night lineup:

80% P Masahiro Tanaka $10,900 NYY@SEA ✗ best of the late SPs
27.5% C Brian McCann $3,300 NYY@SEA ✗ NYY stack lefties vs Young
67.5% 1B Albert Pujols $3,000 OAK@LAA ✗ r v l
60% 2B Howie Kendrick $2,600 OAK@LAA ✗ r v l
35% 3B Alberto Callaspo $2,300 OAK@LAA ✗ saved salary here, l v r
22.5% SS Jed Lowrie $2,800 OAK@LAA ✗ settled - not many decent SS options, l v r
37.5% OF Jacoby Ellsbury $3,900 NYY@SEA ✗ NYY stack lefties vs Young
25% OF Brett Gardner $3,200 NYY@SEA ✗ NYY stack lefties vs Young
20% OF Jayson Werth $2,900 WAS@SF ✗ best hitter for the remaining 3000 - don't like r v r, but WAS has had hot bats lately

Decided to put Gardner in for Beltran, who hasn't yet hit for power since getting back. To offset the salary, went with Werth 2900 instead of Crisp 3300.
Last edited by alleyoops on June 11th, 2014, 9:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

alleyoops
Major League All-Star

Re: Daily Fantasy 6/11 - FanDuel evening game

#6 Post by alleyoops »

Todd Zola wrote:Didn't have a ton of time -- this was an off-the-cuff entry into the $1 and $2 GPPs -- was locked out of the double ups

P Yu Darvish $11,400
C Evan Gattis $3,500
1B Ike Davis $2,400
2B Daniel Murphy $3,100
3B Chris Johnson $2,300
SS Jimmy Rollins $3,100
OF Chris Coghlan $2,300
OF Justin Upton $3,900
OF Rajai Davis $3,000
We're similar. I looked at Murphy, but thought Peralta would be tougher than Milone, and Kendrick was cheaper. Same idea with IDavis and Pujols. Looked at RDavis, but the forecast is a bit iffy there, so went Hunter instead.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#7 Post by Todd Zola »

alleyoops wrote:I haven't messed with GPPs. I find it plenty challenging beating half the others. I can see where one would need a different approach to beat 90+ %, as you need to do to do well in GPPs.

As a relative beginner, I'm encouraged when I see high %'s, and when I see common guys in my lineups and the guys who are all over the leaderboards. It seems an indication that I'm learning, and it's often an indication that I'll do well that night.
Gotcha - makes sense.

alleyoops
Major League All-Star

#8 Post by alleyoops »

Evening lineup lost, late lineup won.