in-season updates

Theories, Concepts and Analytical Discussion (draft strategies, valuation, inflation, scarcity, etc.)
freewheelin76

in-season updates

#1 Post by freewheelin76 »

Hi. I have a question about in-season updates. Are these mostly just in the area of playing time? In other words, your view on the ability of a player and his rate stats does not change but you make adjustments for expected playing time or a new ballpark in the case of a trade? Or do you also make significant updates to your view of the ability of a player, hr/pa, h/pa, etc., based on how he performs as the season goes on? If the latter, can you explain the methodology a little. Thanks!

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: in-season updates

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

At this point I don't know if updates will be weekly of bi-monthly, I need to iron some stuff out - they have been bi-monthly in the past so weekly would be an upgrade.

The primary change is expected playing time and the addition of players called up that were not projected.

The performance is a weighted average of what has been done versus what is expected, with what is expected dominating early then what has been done getting increasing weight as the season progresses.

I MAY make some manual changes (other than saves) based on the chart of how many plate appearances are necessary for a new skill to be considered real generated by "pizza cutter" over at Fangraphs.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

freewheelin76

Re: in-season updates

#3 Post by freewheelin76 »

Thanks Todd.