CVRC Inflation Analysis

Theories, Concepts and Analytical Discussion (draft strategies, valuation, inflation, scarcity, etc.)
mcurran76
Rookie

CVRC Inflation Analysis

#1 Post by mcurran76 »

I'm new to the site and the software. After putting the proper league data and keeper info into MasterDraft, I've noticed a strong inflation lean towards pitching and away from hitting. Whether this is driven by our unique rules (10 team 5X5, 2 DH, no CI/MI, 9 P) or the keepers I can't tell. But my question is... how much should I trust that the software is identifying an inefficiency in our league and try to exploit it? It currently is adding $6-10 for the top flight starters in inflation value, but is keeping the top hitters constant or bringing them down $1-$2. Do we just spend too much on the top hitters and not enough on Verlander and Kershaw? And as such should I avoid Miggy and get one of the Aces?

We've been in this league together for 10 years and are relatively serious, but to my knowlege I'm the first to actually use software modeling to examine and prep for the auction. It's entirely possible we have enormous biases that I'm just now seeing, but I'm concerned I might be missing something.

Thanks!

Michael

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: CVRC Inflation Analysis

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

Without seeing what you actually entered, the values and the keepers I can't confirm what you're seeing is real. I also need to check with the designer to see if it does hitter and pitcher inflation separately.

we discussed 2 or 3 different ways to do it, I'm not sure what version is used.

Are your keepers in a handy form to e-mail me?

todd at mastersball dot come
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord