Ideal NFBC Roster composition after ten rounds

Theories, Concepts and Analytical Discussion (draft strategies, valuation, inflation, scarcity, etc.)
shif6
Major League Veteran
Preferred Style: 5x5 keeper, auction

Ideal NFBC Roster composition after ten rounds

#1 Post by shif6 »

What do you think a roster generally should look like at the end of 10 rounds in terms of number of starters, relievers, and particular positions filled?

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Ideal NFBC Roster composition after ten rounds

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

Whereas in the past I would have had an answer with x of this and y of this, I honestly don't believe there is an ideal construct and by aiming for one, you're depriving yourself of an opportunity to put together a better foundation with a different construct. My recent series on APE/scarcity/ADP is the impetus for this.

Now with that said, it practical terms, based on how I've seen most drafts progress, it is most probable you have a minimum of 2 SP with a possibility of 3 SP and 1 CL depending on the flow. I won't put a constraint on the hitters, you take the best the draft gives you within your overall plan.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

Captain Hook

Re: Ideal NFBC Roster composition after ten rounds

#3 Post by Captain Hook »

1) the most important question is Main Event or D&H?

2) as Todd said there is no formulaic ten rounds by position any more - those days are gone