10th Pick in Re-draft League

Theories, Concepts and Analytical Discussion (draft strategies, valuation, inflation, scarcity, etc.)
Bpak22
Major League Veteran

10th Pick in Re-draft League

#1 Post by Bpak22 »

Hey Gang, just looking for some consensus. I'm struggling with what direction to go in a standard 5x5 re-draft league with the 10th pick.

I have reason to believe the top 10 will be Miguel, Kemp, Pujols, Bautista, Tulo, Braun, Cano, Votto, Agonzo....

Part of me thinks I should grab the big 1b bat in Prince and let the market determine who i grab in 2nd, either Ellsbury, Hanley, Cargo, Upton, Pedroia or Longoria.

Am I crazy for thinking 1b there?

Thanks for the help.
12 Team, 5x5 standard categories, except k/9 over ks. 1 Catcher, Daily CBS league, NO MI, NO CI, mandatory 4 SP, 2 RP daily, no Util pitcher Spot.

AllstonRockCity

Re: 10th Pick in Re-draft League

#2 Post by AllstonRockCity »

I have the same top 9 as you. I'd look at prince on the way back and if he's not there, i look to getting Tex or my 1B later (in the Hosmer, Morse, Cuddyer area). He's a great player for sure and you're not crazy for thinking of him there. But, I can't justify leaving the stats of a CarGo, Upton, Ellsbury on the table there. I think whichever 1 of those you like best is who the 10th pick should be.

Getting back to Prince, if he is indeed gone at 15 (I assume 12 teams) either Tex or Longo would make me extremely happy. If none of those 3 are there then you are guaranteed 1 of the OFs you just passed up at 10, which hurts position-wise but just gives you a ton of stats.

Bpak22
Major League Veteran

Re: 10th Pick in Re-draft League

#3 Post by Bpak22 »

Thanks for the help and response.

Yea, I think that is the conventional logic and it makes sense. Im quite sure Teixeria wont be there on the come around, but I think you're right...

My thinking is if Ellsbury is on the board I have to take him...but still debating Prince v. Upton v. Cargo.

Im not a Longoria guy...never have been. He's possible for my second rounder, but not taking him n the first.
12 Team, 5x5 standard categories, except k/9 over ks. 1 Catcher, Daily CBS league, NO MI, NO CI, mandatory 4 SP, 2 RP daily, no Util pitcher Spot.