Re-draft Slot Selection advice

Theories, Concepts and Analytical Discussion (draft strategies, valuation, inflation, scarcity, etc.)
blevine19

Re-draft Slot Selection advice

#1 Post by blevine19 »

5x5 H2H 12 team re-draft league. I can choose draft slots 1-5 or 7-12.

I'm thinking 5 or 7 at this point. I'm pretty comfortable with who could fall to me there and what should be available in the second round.

Any opinions on those 2 slots or any other slots that might be better?

Captain Hook

Re: Re-draft Slot Selection advice

#2 Post by Captain Hook »

Well in a twelve team league I think I would still want the best player I can get because you will still have good quality choices at 24 & 25

BUT all you can do is look at some REAL twelve team drafts and see what you like. Also if you have a particular plan, maybe you like choices at the end of the draft you can't realize at the beginning. I always am fine drafting in the middle of a draft - I think the value falls to the middle....but if you choose 5 or 7, who are you thinking you can get there and what do you hope will be there in round two (remembering that your competition is not going to draft down an ADP list).

Trav The Ump

#3 Post by Trav The Ump »

I could be off on this, but I remember ESPN reporting in football drafts essentially the higher your pick the higher percentage you win the league. I'd take as high as possible personally and take THE guy I wanted and let the rest of the draft come as it may.

All its going to take to throw your strategy straight out the window is one owner acting as a wild card and your best laid plans are for not.

But what do I know? I only do auctions!

Captain Hook

#4 Post by Captain Hook »

Trav The Ump wrote:I could be off on this, but I remember ESPN reporting in football drafts essentially the higher your pick the higher percentage you win the league. I'd take as high as possible personally and take THE guy I wanted and let the rest of the draft come as it may.

All its going to take to throw your strategy straight out the window is one owner acting as a wild card and your best laid plans are for not.

But what do I know? I only do auctions!
That is much more the case in football.............not nearly as much in baseball

blevine19

#5 Post by blevine19 »

I'd be very happy at 5 to get one out of Braun, Kemp, Pujols, MCab or Tulo. I think we share the same philosophy about preferring to draft in the middle rather than the ends.