Ryan Carey's NFBC DP Live Team

Theories, Concepts and Analytical Discussion (draft strategies, valuation, inflation, scarcity, etc.)
deansdaddy

Re: Ryan Carey's NFBC DP Live Team

#21 Post by deansdaddy »

Hadn't updated this team for awhile - but the week heading into the break was my best of the season and has vaulted this team back into a share of 1st place with 81.5 points. My team was the best DP Live team of the week out of 228 and was the third best team out of 780. My pitching came to life as CC, Haren and J Garcia won all 6 of their starts to help me grab 8 last week and gain alot of ground in a category I was lagging in.

June started with this team down in 7th place but as I noted - things were tight enough for me to get back in it and we have been able to do that. We also have moved back up into contention in the overall contest - back up to #45 in the DP Live and #145 in the Online.

Ty Wigginton was acquired via FAAB for $37 (runner up $14) and he was worth every penny as I caught him right on his massive hot streak. Matt Holliday has also heated up and is finally producing for this squad. Again - my team is healthy at this point and I am hoping my big injuries are behind me (good luck with that one). My additions the last couple weeks have focused on speed with Roger Bernandina having been obtained a couple weeks back and Bonafacio this week. I also grabbed David Freese for added depth and used him last week as Wigginton slumped.

The core of this team hasn't changed as my moves have been around the edges. The difference is I have no one on my team with the dreaded DL next to their name for the first time all year which is giving me room to finally build some depth on the pitching staff.

The second half awaits and I am just glad that I have this team in position to manage it to victory.

southpaw

#22 Post by southpaw »

Nice job man. Thanks for the update.
My WCOFB team is still in first in my league and 4th in the overall. I'm still lagging in steals and BA which have pretty much plagued me all season. Desmond can't get on base to get any further SB's and Torres has been a big disappointment in that area as I expected 30+ from him over the course of the season. However, I have made up ground in HR and RBI as Reynolds, Pena and Espinosa all had great Junes and Hamilton came back from the DL. I picked up Furcal for not much $ a couple weeks ago when he came off the DL but he hasn't done anything yet. I'm kind of hoping he's a source of steals down the stretch.

deansdaddy

#23 Post by deansdaddy »

Well done. Torres and Pagan were badly missed by my team and Torres is still MIA. I almost cut him last week - but decided to hold him for now. Still hoping he gets back on track. Keep up the good work in WCOFB!