NFBC FAAB Advice

Theories, Concepts and Analytical Discussion (draft strategies, valuation, inflation, scarcity, etc.)
Captain Hook

Re: NFBC FAAB Advice

#51 Post by Captain Hook »

Hosmer winning bids (with highest underbid) in three WCOFB leagues

337 (243)

580 (355)

388 (I was one of Four teams who bid 333)

bids for Melancon if unowned was all over - there was a $300+ bid by one of the best players who is short on saves

RobDMay

#52 Post by RobDMay »

Ryan that Nathan bid had to hurt.

deansdaddy

#53 Post by deansdaddy »

Yeah - it's never fun to overbid on a guy by over $200 :oops: And whats worse is I upped the bid twice during the day :D

But - he went for big bucks in a bunch of other leagues and I decided I wanted him. I have missed out on a a lot of guys in this league by underbidding - and sometimes this will be the result. I came into the week with over $800 - so I'm fine with it. I don't really worry about spending big on a player I want and I think Nathan will pay dividends on that investment.

What I am not so okay with is how your are running away with this league - 140 points!!! That's just crazy good.

I will keep battling and hopefully I can stay in your rear view with Rob Giese. Funny - the three guys from this league who checked in here on the boards regarding this league are running 1-2-3 right now. Keep up the good work - and don't get too comfortable :lol:

RobDMay

#54 Post by RobDMay »

Yea its the most uncomfortable lead I have ever had, I just keep waiting for it to come crashing down. My SP still scares me there is no way my staff can maintain that ERA and WHIP all season. I still feel strongly about my offense and Hanely hasn't really done too much for me yet.