Todd's Draft Champions 6 Team

General player discussion. It is encouraged but not necessary to note the name of player and the date of the news in the subject.
Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Todd's Draft Champions 6 Team

#11 Post by Todd Zola »

Catching up...

24. Jimmy Nelson
25. Brandon Woodruff
26. Kurt Suzuki
27. Jason Castro
28. Johan Camargo
29. Devon Travis
30. Ariel Miranda
31. Leonys Martin
32. Bryan Mitchell
33. Charlie Tilson
34. Matt Duffy
35. Hunter Pence
36. Joe Jimenez
37. Steve Pearce
38. Pedro Severino
39. Brent Suter
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#12 Post by Todd Zola »

By position:

C: Gattis, Suzuki, Castro, Severino
1B: Rizzo, Reynolds
2B: Altuve, Schoop, Travis
3B: Seager, Phillips, Duffy
SS: Beckham, Camargo
OF: Cain, Eaton, Haniger, Piscotty, Winker, Martin, Tilson, Pence, Pearce
UT: Cruz
SP: Verlander, Arrieta, Godley, S Gray, Nelson, Woodruff, J Montgomery, Miranda, Mitchell, Suter
RP: Bradley, Robertson, Brach, Bedrosian, Jimenez

39 down, 11 to go. Concerned about OF, light on power, hoping Cruz and Gattis help there. Will likely grab 4 more SP and 2 more RP then see what is there.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#13 Post by Todd Zola »

Picking up at Pick 40:

40 Gonzalez, Adrian 1B
41 Grossman, Robbie OF
42 Dickey, R.A. P
43 Kelly, Joe P
44 Gallen, Zac P
45 Asche, Cody UT
46 Holt, Brock 2B
47 Smith, Seth OF
48 Iwakuma, Hisashi P
49 Slegers, Aaron P
50 Travis, Sam 1B

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#14 Post by Todd Zola »

Entire team by position

C: Gattis, Suzuki, Castro, Severino
1B: Rizzo, Reynolds, Gonzalez, Travis
2B: Altuve, Schoop, Travis, Holt
3B: Seager, Phillips, Duffy
SS: Beckham, Camargo
OF: Cain, Eaton, Haniger, Piscotty, Winker, Martin, Tilson, Pence, Pearce, Grossman, Asche, Smith
UT: Cruz
SP: Verlander, Arrieta, Godley, S Gray, Nelson, Woodruff, J Montgomery, Miranda, Mitchell, Suter, Dickey, Gallen, Iwakuma, Slegers
RP: Bradley, Robertson, Brach, Bedrosian, Jimenez, Kelly

Gut observations:

1. Not as comfortable as usual that I have each spot covered. Don't know if it is due to lack of confidence of knowledge of back end of the player pool, draft flow (getting sniped) or just plain crappy drafting. It could also be this is just the way the pool is. I looked at the other teams and I can't find one that I feel is covered everywhere, so it's likely part pool, part poor drafting, part poor team construction.

2. Don't have as much pitching as usual -- not sure why other than I feel like there's overkill in the OF, especially with Cruz locked at UT. I just wasn't comfortable with the outfield so I kept taking shots.

3. It was my fault, but dang, Reynolds is a eye sore. There were so many useful players still on the board.

4. I may have caught two breaks already with Brach possibly closing with Britton out and Duffy possibly playing regularly with Longoria traded. I'd love it if Duffy somehow got 10 games at SS, then played 3B regularly.

I'll do at least one DC Express (all picks in one night), maybe another regular DC. I'll also do 3 Cutlines.