Todd's Mixed LABR team

General player discussion. It is encouraged but not necessary to note the name of player and the date of the news in the subject.
Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Todd's Mixed LABR team

#1 Post by Todd Zola »

Defending my 2016 Title from the 12-hole

Complete Board

C Lucroy (4), Realmuto (9)
1B/3B Cron (14), Donaldson (1), Headley (27) [Mauer (25), Cuthbert (29)]
2B/SS Travis (11), Semien (13), Droobs (17)
OF/UT JD Martinez (3), Eaton (7), Kiermaier (12), Melky (18), Pillar (19), Rosario (22) [Seth Smith (24)]
SP MadBum (2), Carrasco (5), Teheran (8), Lackey (15), Shoemaker (16), Triggs (20), Finnegan (23) [Skaggs (21), Strahm (26), Devenski (28)]
CL Britton (6), Colome (10)

YAWN, boring, I know, but that was by design. I went through my upside phase and found a lot of downside to it.

Pitching should be the team strength with an offense that gets what it needs to complement the arms. OF and CI are weak, but filled with full-time players which is all I really wanted. Strahm and Devenski are likely to start in the bullpen but what I like about them is while there K/9 won't be stellar, they're likely to throw a ton of innings so the raw K total should match that of a more dominant reliever and if they end up starting, Yahtzee! Basically, instead of speculating for saves from my useful relievers, I'm speculating for starts.

Comments welcome.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

Captain Hook
Major League All-Star

Re: Todd's Mixed LABR team

#2 Post by Captain Hook »

I thought when I saw the board after the first round and turn that you were very lucky to get Donaldson at 12
Not as sure about the Bumgarner pick but it could certainly work and I agree there wasn't a compelling alternative there - just speculation

I think you will have a good chance

I like the pitching staff construction (not a Finnegan fan though, especially on a bad team (Reds not yours) in a bad ballpark).

GL - would be great to repeat